-2-

"Chimin?" the little girl tried to take a peek of the boys face as he had his back turned to her. "Are you crying again?" she asked feeling sad for her friend.

Hana loved seeing Jimin's smile and it hurt her so much every time she came to the playground only to find him with tears staining his cheeks. It broke her heart.

"H-Hana... Is it bad that I am shorter than the other kids?" the boy asked, biting his lower lip.

He waited patiently for a reply as he tried to hold back the tears that were still left in his eyes.

"No, it's not bad at all" Hana answered with a bright smile hoping that she would manage to earn a smile from Jimin too. "This way it's easier to hug my best friend" she said.

The girl's last sentence surprised Jimin making him forget about the tears threatening to run down his face. His eyes widened when Hana took a step forward and wrapped her little arms around him from behind. The sides of his lips curled up subconsciously and after his girl friend let go of him, Jimin turned to face her.

She used the sleeve of her new shirt to wipe the tears from his chubby cheeks and they both chuckled.

"Thank you Hana" Jimin said and held the girl's hand gently in his. "I'm so happy that you're my best friend" he said and shyly gave her a quick hug.

...10 years later...

Hana's POV

"I know you're a sleepyhead but today is our first day as seniors in high school" I shouted running behind Jimin as we were trying to get to the bus stop before it would be too late.

"Don't worry, we won't be late" he said and held my hand tightly to help me keep up with his pace.

I've known Jimin for ten years now and we see each other almost every day. But my heart refuses to get used to his touch and instead it continues to pound every time he gets close to me, every time he shows his beautiful smile to me, every time he lets me listen to his addictive laughter.

I've known him for ten whole years but it's only been about three months since I realized what my true feelings for him are. To be honest, I don't know when I started seeing Jimin this way but it feels like I've always loved him. I simply didn't know what being in love meant and I thought that the feelings I had were common between best friends.

But apparently, I was wrong. Listening to my friends at school talking about their boyfriends and the way they feel about them made me gradually realize that I didn't want Jimin to simply be my childhood friend. It probably sounds selfish but I wanted to be the only girl in his heart.

I'm too timid to tell him though. So, here I am, trying to keep my heart inside my chest hoping that one day I'll find the courage to risk our friendship and confess my feelings to him.

"You really need to work out some more" Jimin said when he saw I was trying to catch my breath and a chuckle escaped his lips.

I gave him a death glare before punched his arm. He winced in pain but I could tell he was pretending so I just stuck my tongue out to him.

We kept messing around until the bus came.

It was really crowded today since it was the first day of school and there were only a couple of seats left in the bus. Jimin held my hand and lead me to an empty seat next to a boy who was wearing our school's uniform.

"Sit here" Jimin said and gently pushed me down as he stood right next to my seat.

I looked out of the window to prevent myself from staring at Jimin again. That's when I noticed that the boy sitting next to me had fallen asleep with his headphones on. He was a really handsome guy. His eyes were closed making his long eyelashes more evident and he had two beauty marks. One on his nose and one under his right eye.

"Hana, this is our stop! Come on" Jimin held my hand again and feeling startled I grabbed the boys arm.

"This is your stop too right?" I asked him practically dragging him with me as we were trying to get off the bus.

He looked confused staring at me with sleepy eyes and it took him a moment to realize what was going on. When he finally got the gist of the situation he nodded and followed us.

"Phew... We made it" Jimin said sighing in relief. "Oh who is this?" he asked after seeing the boy next to me.

The boy, who was taller than both of us, bowed before introducing himself.

"Hello! My name is Kim Taehyung" he said and giggled, his lips forming a rectangle smile. "But you can call me V"