-7-

"Is Hana still not here Mrs Kim?" Jimin asked, worry starting to take over him.

Hana's mother was crying leaning on Mrs Park's shoulder who was trying to comfort her.

It was already getting dark outside but Hana was nowhere to be found. Her mother had called the police since the early afternoon but the only thing they said was to stay calm.

It hadn't been more than 24 hours since Hana had gone missing so there wasn't anything they could do yet.

The whole neighborhood started feeling concerned about the polite little girl that always greeted everyone with a big smile. Sadly, they were all stupidly afraid of what the others would think of them if they tried to help the family of the neibourhood criminal so none of them tried to search for Hana.

Mr Park was the only one who offered to look for her after seeing his grandson's reaction when he found out that his best friend not only ran away from school that morning but there was no one who knew were she was and it was already night time.

"It's going to be okay" Mrs Park said in a soft tone trying to sooth the heart of a dead worried mother.

Jimin wasn't crying. He was angry at whoever was responsible about this and wanted to run out there in search of the girl.

And so he did. When his grandmother was too busy trying to calm down Mrs Kim, he took the chance to sneak out of the house with Kookie behind him and riding his bike, he headed to the places they visited the most together with Hana.

It was of course dangerous for an eleven year old boy to wander around the city alone at that hour but Jimin was determined and he wouldn't listen to anyone. Hopefully the six month old dog would be able to protect him in case something went wrong.

After searching at the square where the big old tree was, at the park near their school,  at their favourite place at the beach, Jimin started to lose hope.

Tears were threatening to escape from his eyes when Kookie started barking as he ran towards the slide of the playground. Jimin dropped his bike and rashed there hoping that he'd finally found his friend.

"Kookie? What... What are y-you doing here?" Hana said between her sobs and the little boy burst out crying after listening to her voice.

He was so relieved. His Hana was okay!

The next moment he threw his little arms around her, hugging her tightly like it had been years since the last time he saw her.

Instead of him comforting Hana, she was the one patting his back now to get him to stop crying.

"Y-you... Why did you do th-this Hana?" Jimin asked still not letting her go.

"I'm sorry" the girl said almost in a whisper.

She knew that what she did was wrong but she was too hurt to return home after the girls of her class said all those horrible things about her dad that morning. She didn't want her mom to see her and start crying again during the nights. It hadn't been that long since she started smiling again.

"Promise you won't do this again!" the little boy said and pointed out his pinkie as he wiped the tears from his cheeks with his left hand.

"I promise!" Hana said and wrapped her pinkie around his before hugging him again.

...7 years later...

Taehyung's POV

"Hana?" I called when I saw her standing near the school gate. "Is Jimin okay? I heard about Chohee" I said walking closer to her.

"I thought he was with you... I haven't seen him after he left the rooftop" she said frowning in confusion.

"He didn't come to biology class so I thought you were together. But I guess I was wrong..." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

She stayed silent for a few seconds biting her bottom lip as she furrowed her brow. Then she suddenly opened her mouth and her eyes widened.

"I know where he is!" she exclaimed and started walking away on her own.

I lowered my head thinking that it's always gonna be this way and I have to accept the fact that Jimin means a lot more to Hana than I do.

I took a deep breath and just before I lifted my head up, I felt her arms around me.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to say bye" she said and then took a step back. "Bye Tae!" she said waving her hand and I chuckled as she ran away.

Hana's POV

I stopped to catch my breath when I arrived at the playground. Looking around my eyes immediately spotted the black haired boy sitting under the slide.

A smile spread across my face as pictures of our childhood memories came to my mind.

"Jiminie pabo" I called and he turned to glare at me the next second.

I giggled at his funny expression and sat down next to him. I did't remember this place being so small. There was barely enough space for the two of us. But then again we're not the little kids that used this place as a hiding spot anymore.

"Did Chohee hurt you that bad?" I asked looking at my feet.

"Umm well" he hesitated for a moment thinking about what to say. "To be honest, it's not that bad. Haha" he said a little flustered.

But why did he sound like he was lying? Was he trying to hide that he was hurt about Chohee and Jungkook dating or was there something else he was keeping from me?

"I really want to have a girlfriend since I never did before and I guess I thought that Chohee could become the first one" he said with an awkward smile.

It might have been my imagination but I felt like he was avoiding to look at my eyes.

"Then..." I cupped his face so that he'd look at me. "Can't I become your first?"

A/N

I managed to find time for an update. It was quite rushed so I'm sorry if it's not that good >.<

MTFBWY