-20-

It was a day during the Christmas break and Hana was having a cup of hot chocolate with her mother as they were chatting near the fireplace of their living room. 

Mrs Kim never missed the chance to mention Jimin, making her daughter slightly blush everytime.

She had always known how much Jimin loved Hana simply by the way the boy looked at her all the time, especially when she wasn't aware of his eyes on her.

He would have a smile plastered on his face everytime the girl's eyes met with his and he would awkwardly try to hide that she was the reason for him smiling like a fool.

That's why Mrs Kim was not surprised at all when the two of them announced that they were finally a couple. She congratulated them with a tight hug and wished that they have many babies in the future which made both of their faces flush a deep shade of red as the boy shyly rubbed the back of his neck and the girl played with her fingers.

She was thinking about that moment, taking a sip of her chocolate when the sound of the doorbell echoed in the house.

Hana moved away the blanket that was covering her legs and quickly headed to the door thinking that it was Jimin visiting for the third time that day.

But it wasn't Jimin.

Her eyes widened and were instantly filled with tears that streamed down her cheeks as she burst out crying before jumping in her father's arms.

Hana's dad was released from prison a month earlier than it was expected but he wanted to keep it a secret in order to surprise his family.

And he succeeded. His beautiful wife and his precious daughter were crying tears of joy in his arms both refusing to let him go.

All three of them had been looking forward to this day for so long and their family bond only grew stronger each day.

Mr Kim walked in his house as he kissed his wife's temple with his left arm wrapped around her shoulders and his right arm wrapped around his daughter who was still holding him tightly.

The family spent the rest of the night talking about small everyday things, losing count of how many times they said "I missed you" or "I love you" and they ended up falling asleep in the living room with Mr Kim sitting between his two favourite women in the world.

The next day the Kim's house was filled with laughter.

They were having breakfast together when Jimin knocked on the door still not knowing anything about Hana's father returning to his family.

The girl opened the door and Jimin greeted her with a warm hug like always. She stayed in his arms for a little longer than usual making the boy chuckle before leaving some space between them in his attempt to gently kiss her forehead.

"When I asked you to take care of my daughter I didn't mean you could be this close to her young man" Hana's dad said with his arms crossed over his chest as he tried to sound like a strict father who meets his daughter's boyfriend for the first time.

Jimin's eyes widened and he gulped in shock as he instantly took a step away from Hana but didn't let go of her hand.

"I'm sorry sir" he apologized with a deep bow. "Welcome back sir" he said obviously nervous.

Mr Kim tried hard to hold back from laughing at how flustered the boy looked and kept a serious expression instead.

"I'm not sure whether I should approve of this relationship" he said and waited for Jimin's answer.

Hana was ready to protest when the boy took a step further still holding her hand in his.

"I'll do anything to earn your trust because I love your daughter with all my heart sir" Jimin said earning a smile from Mr Kim.

"You've just passed the first test" he said and patted the boys back welcoming him in the house. "There are still many more to go"

...Graduation Day...

"Hey guys, it's time for the group picture" their teacher called and all the students of the class gathered around him.

Jimin, Hana and Taehyung standing close to each other, they made a funny pose before the photographer clicked on the camera to take the picture.

Taehyung had become their best friend and his feelings for Hana had already been replaced by a different kind of love. He cared for her but he didn't want to spend his life with her like Jimin did.

It had been more than half a year since Jimin confessed to Hana and he still had her by his side.

He was still thankful to Taehyung for making him realize that he needed Hana in his life not only as his friend but as his partner in everything.

He wanted to share all kinds of feelings with her.

The awkwardness of their first kiss, the passion and shyness of their first night together, the worries about being accepted in university, the enthusiasm about living together at their own appartment, the nervousness of their wedding day, the happiness of their first child's birth and the thrill of his or her first steps and words, the loneliness of the nights they may be away from each other because of work, the excitement of their long kiss after Jimin returns from his military service and every other emotion that awaits them in the future.

Because Jimin simply wanted to share the same future with Hana.

His fear of losing her still lingered in his heart of course but he was determined to do anything to stay with his Hana forever.

After all, he belonged with her.

His childhood friend that he fell in love with.

-The end-