16. I've Never

Kalopsia- the delusion of things being more beautiful than they really are.

The word was written almost as messy as his own but easily more readable. He wondered why she'd written it in his notebook. It was Tuesday and there was nothing to do. Mr.Stilinski at work, Lydia locked up in her room (per usual) causing Stiles to migrate towards the living room to watch Netflix. Lydia had come downstairs once to get a snack, silently chuckling at the boy fast asleep on the couch. Overall it was just a very slow day.

There was simply nothing to do.

Sure they could go down to the beach again but they seemed to be doing that a lot lately, their skin almost permanently tanned despite always being in the secret cavern. There was no good music on the radio, Stiles discovered on Wednesday, flipping through station after station until music genres mixed in his brain. He'd watched every single comedy suggested on Netflix. On Thursday Lydia had finally finished "It" leaving her with nothing to do but stare at the ceiling for an hour before venturing downstairs.

"I'm bored." She sighs, sitting next to Stiles. He mumbles some form of agreement while shifting in his place. But then an idea struck.
"Do you know how to drive a stick?"
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Lydia shrieks as the jeep lurches forward with a grinding noise causing Stiles to chuckle.

"You have to push in the clutch when you shift!" He laughs.
"I did, I did!" She lets go of the steering wheel as another noise sounds from the engine causing her to cover her eyes as more laughter booms from Stiles' chest. He'd driven them out to an empty parking lot before commanding Lydia to get in the drivers seat and it wasn't much but it was something to do.

"Push the clutch in." He points to her sneaker clad foot and she does so obediently. Stiles then proceeds to switch gears. "Now let it out slowly." He instructs. The jeep jerks forward before stopping again once her foot is on the break. "I said slow!" He laughs again, falling back into his seat as Lydia rolls her eyes. She enjoyed his laughter just as he enjoyed her smile. It rolled around in his lungs before spilling out of his mouth like a hummed tune only she knew.

He repeats his earlier instructions and the jeep begins to gradually move forward. Lydia gasps and Stiles praises her all too soon as the jeep Rams into a nearby light post.
"Shit..." Stiles winces at the smoke emitting from under the hood. But for a moment he doesn't care, turning to the girl next to him with a lopsided grin. She'd clasped her hands over her mouth with wide eyes and an expression that made it clear she was conjuring up a way to apologize.

"You okay? Did you get hurt?" He asks with that grin still on his face. Why was he smiling? Shouldn't he be mad? Releasing the breath she'd been holding in, Lydia frantically begins to stutter how she didn't mean to and that it was an accident. The words fall short when Stiles places his hands on both of her shoulders. He opens his mouth to speak but Lydia cuts him off.

With a kiss.

It had been so sudden and out of the blue but he reacted quickly, cupping her cheeks tenderly and her heart leapt. She had him wrapped around her pinky and there he would stay, even as she pulled away. Her back was pressed firmly into the worn drivers seat, her eyes still sparkling as she stares straight ahead to the ruined hood. Stiles, instead, kept his eyes on her.

"I've never been kissed." She states, biting her cheek to keep from looking at him. A soft smile worked its way onto his face, his fingers tugging at her arm making it impossible for her to remain looking ahead. As soon as she turns, his hand is back on her cheek and their lips meet once more. He was careful with her. He wanted to make sure she knew he'd take care of her without words. And once this kiss was over, she smiled and he laughed because that's what they loved most about the other.

"I'm gonna go call my dad." He clears his throat before hopping out of the jeep. As his phone rung several times in the wait of being answered he couldn't help but thinking how Lydia was illecebrous; alluring, enticing, his. Mr. Stilinski picked up on the second call, a groan escaping the man as his son explained the current situation. He was there in a squad car fifteen minutes later, both teens beaming yet silent.

But there was something still pinching Stiles in the back of his mind.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Punch, drunk, kissIKnowYouNeedItDoYouFeelADrinkOfWater,DrinkOfWINE!
He sings that so fast😍😂
Comment,read, enjoy!
-Chloe