Meeting the boys

Averys p.o.v.

When we arrived at the cafe Lacen stood at the door. I could see fear in her eyes. I took her hand and gave an encouraging squeeze. She gave me a small smile and i opened the door.

She sighed and followed closely behind me. We took a seat at the barista bar and the waitress immediately took our orders. Just looking around i could tell what Lacen had meant by nobody wanting to help her. The employees acted as if they had never saw her in their lives. That really made me mad. How could someone do something like that?

Or witness it and not help? I looked over at her to make sure she was ok.
She was looking at her hands as she fiddled with a coffee straw. She looked cautious i should have chosen a different place to meet.

"Lace? Are you okay if you want i can tell the boys to meet us somewhere's else." I said she looked at me with a understanding look. "Its okay Avery i gotta learn to put the past behind me." She gave me another small smile.

She was a beautiful girl. With from what little i know a hard past. Maybe i can help make it better. "You look tense" i said the waitress gave us our drinks.

"Yeah i guess im just nervous about seeing him here." She looked down at her feet and then took a drink of coffee.
"Its okay love the coppers did away with him he ain't coming anywhere near you."

She looked at me and gave me a small but happy grin. "Thanks Avery! Im glad you found me when you did." She hugged me. "Me too" i said hugging her back.

"Well well ohhh can i join the hug im in need for one." A sarcastic voice says behind us. Lacen jumps and I quickly turn to see who it is. 

"Carter! You cant sneak up on someone like that!" I lightly punch in the chest. "Ouch that hurts coming from a small girl like you." He smirks that mischievous grin.

"I can take you anytime vertically challenged or not." I held my fist up at him. He looked at me and laughed.
"I wouldn't be laughing if i was you Avery can fight like a man when she wants to." Lacen said barely loud enough for us to hear.

But carter heard her alright he snapped his head up at her and didnt looked away. She wasn't even looking at us she was stirring her coffee with a straw. I turned to see how long until he stopped staring when hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who." Somebody behind me said. At first i jumped but then the voice was familiar and sent chills down my spine.

"Vincent?" I said and he let go and i turned to face him. "How did you know?" He asked kinda disappointed that i knew it was him. "Well carter was here and you weren't and i could tell because of your voice."

He looked down at me and smiled. He was wearing a black button up shirt and dark skinny jeans. His hair looked soft and ruffled like he has ran his fingers through it to many times.

I looked up at him and smiled when he pulled me i  for a hug. He smelled of ild spice and after shave. I hugged him back tightly and rested my face on his chest.

When he let me go i turned around to see if Carter was bothering Lacen. She didnt look to into the conversation they were having. Well she looked happy but nervous. But who could blame her.

Vincent snaked his arm around my waist. "Is she a friend of yours?" He asked. "Yes she currently staying with me we are uh room mates." I gave him a smile when he pulled me closer to him and whispered in my ear.

"Well maybe now since there a other girl around he wont flirt with you all the time." My face got red. "He doesnt flirt with me." Does he? I never really thought of his jokes as that but I guess- "Maybe its just me being jealous." He said kissing me on the head.

Heat radiated off my face. "Avery are you okay? Is the coffee to hot for you maybe you should get a iced coffee because your face is red." Carter said completely oblivious to why I was blushing.

I walked over to make sure Lacen was okay. "So what do you think of carter?" I asked hoping he didnt scare her. "Well besides his lame pick up lines and puns hes ok." She said bluntly. I smiled at her and she slowly gave one in return.

Then the waitress came to receive our money. I was reaching into my purse for my wallet when Vincent pushed my hand down.

"I got this." He said paying the waitress. "Vincent you didnt have to do that." I said. I don't mind but I'm a big girl i can pay for my own things. "I know i didnt have to. I wanted to. Your spending the day with me its my treat." He flashed his heart melting smile and held out his arm.

I placed my arm around his as Carter did the same for Lacen but she said a sorry and jolted besides me. Hopefully she will come to like the boys. They are great people. Carter may be a dweeb but he would treat her like a princess.

We walked for a block trying to decide what we should do when Lacen finally spoke up. "What about the book shop?" We all looked at her. Thats my girl! I love books! And i havent been to a book store in years!

"Well if thats where you wanna go milady thats where we will go." Carter beamed at her and held his arm out one more time. But this time she accepted it. His face bright red walked ahead of us.

Me and Vincent looked at each other  and  tried to keep our laughter and awwe to ourselves. As we heading towards the store.

Hey guys! I finally updated yes! I also feel like death today ugh i think im getting strep throat yay....not

Anyways how are you guys?? Ready for summer break??? I am but then band vamp starts up which im actually excited about! Let me know what you think!  The picture is how i see lacen but u can still use your imagination

I love you little puddins!!💙💜✌🏻️😝👑