- 5 -

"Hey! Sorry for missing out, forgot my parents needed my home asap. Anyway, this card game is amazing..." Kyan explained his game but I was spacing out. A senior party was occurring this Saturday, and we're being forced to come. Another reason to stop this stupid game. Though, I could meet new recruits. That would be great.

"Hey, Mazie, you going to the party this weekend?" Lucas barged inside the computer lab. Behind him was Jeremy, Hugo, and Wolf. Ace and Maryli followed soon after. The only one of our little group missing was Kayla.

"I might, you guys?" Lucas nodded before slinging his arm around Jeremy.

"Surely we will, especially if I can convince Mr. Introvert to go too. Kyan has to go for blowing off the last when Grim Dawn came out. He wasn't able to get it until he fixed his computer. The whole school was talking and he needed it badly. Once his computer was fixed, he binged on finishing it. Missed day of school and skipped out on senior party. He's forced to play a few senior games as punishment, but it could be worst." Lucas shrugged.

"How bad could punishment be?" I asked. Ace looked at me before sighing.

"Mazie, school here is pretty much a death wish. Punishment ranges from minor things like that to major penalty of reputation or life in general. People live and breathe for this game. That's why it's against the rules to revolt." Ace replied.

"That's why I was iffy on joining this small hangout. Seniors don't get a bone thrown anymore than freshmen do. It's worst really." Maryli added. I hope Caleb's okay, he's actually playing along to this terrible game. I don't get why, it's so stupid.

"You guys need to lighten up! The party is going to be fun! Hopefully, the seniors don't do anything too bad." Wolf tried to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, let's play video games while we have time." Kyan nodded. I didn't feel like playing video games but just staying here for was enough. Ace and Maryli left the room, leaving the rest of us.

"I'm gonna see you guys there right? Not going to be a loser on the sidelines who's desperately trying to stay with her brother, right?" I ask. Lucas waved his hand.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry. Mr. Introvert is gonna be on the sidelines too. Right, Jere?" He grinned in assurance. He looked over to the glaring male who just nodded.

"Let's just get it over with." He darkly muttered. I guess he hated parties, probably because he didn't even make an effort to make new friends. But he was interesting that way.

"Cool, I'll see you guys later then." I got up and said goodbye. I left with Caleb.

"I can't wait until this Saturday. First party." He grinned at me.

"I never wanted to go in the first place, C."

A/N:

Sorry, this is a real short chapter but this is really just a filler chapter since next chapter is going to be an interesting one. Sorry again.