Chapter seven. Escape plan

"Well..." I said, looking at the group of people in front of me. "Now what?" Rei glared at me, then turned to Takagi, who was still shaking from what she had done. I looked around, and saw Takashi standing by a window with Hirano. I noticed that Hirano had a strange object in his hands. "Hirano! Good to see you, ya lucky otaku!" Hirano grinned sheepishly. "Hey Quin. I see you looking at my weapon." I nodded. "Well," Hirano begain. "Takagi and I may have gotten trapped inside the Carpentry classroom, and I had to improvise." He lifted the weapon up for me to see. I immediately noticed it had a nail gun for the main part. "Hirano. You always did have a knack for weapons and and that crazy stuff ". Hirano grinned wider, a excited gleam in his eye. "Thanks!" I nodded,then turned to Takashi. "So what do you make of this?" I asked. "I think we need to get out. These things might not be smart, but eventually they will find us."Takashi moved his head over to the window,where I could see the parking lot,which had exactly three vehicles in it. "We could use that bus by the gate." I said, pointing at a large bus that the school's teams had used for competitions. Takashi nodded,but then frowned in thought. "But where are the keys?" I shrugged my shoulders. "That's your job. I just keep things from eating us." Takashi smiled a little, then walked away with Hirano following. I stared out the window, watching the zombies outside lurch around. "What seemed like a small outbreak has slowly spread across Japan is now a full scale pandemic." A female voice said, startling me out of my trance. I turned around to see Rei staring at the TV, remote in hand. I walked up as the reporter continued on. "The police and Self-defense team have been deployed, and all infected have been quarantined. Police recommend you stay indoors until the contagion has been-" The reporter was cut off by a series of gun shots. "Turn it off." I said, my hand tightening on the ax handle. No one heard me and watched on. The camera panned to a shot of body bags sitting up, then being shot. "The Police have now started to use firearms to defend themselves, but-" The camera was dropped and all that was heard was screaming. " I SAID TURN IT OFF!" I roared, and buried the ax's head into the screen. Rei yelped as sparks sizzled out, almost burning her and nearly starting a paper bin on fire. The room went dead quiet. Huffing, I yanked the ax out and looked around. "You guys don't get it. Nobody can contain something like this. Everywhere on the planet, this is happening. We need to get out. Focus on surviving. Do I make myself clear?" I glared around the room, daring somebody to step up. Takagi looked like she was about to kill me ,but what had gotten my attention was Saeko's expression. She seemed to smile when I glanced in her direction. "OK. Your right, Quinton. But how?" Takashi asked from the back of the room. "The only way to the bus is downstairs and out the front gate." I thought for a moment,then put my sunglasses back on. "We push our way out." Takagi paled, then reddened. "Don't you dare!"" She barked. "Those things wouldn't attack if we don't make noise!" I stare at her, shocked that Takagi chose now to share this information. "Well, we should still go." Saeko said, coming to save my tail, yet again. "Takashi, you got the keys?" Takashi jingled them and grinned. "Good. We should team up then. Takagi, your with Hirano." I said, snapping back into action. "Rei,you and Takashi take point. Ms.Shizuka, you stay in the rear. Saeko. Your with me."  "With pleasure." Saeko sidled up and placed herself next to me. I looked back, making sure we were ready. "I must be out of my mind." I muttered, then I charged the door, everyone else following close behind.