Chapter 17. Confession.

(Hey guys. Just wanted to say for this portion, the story that Quin is saying will be not in quotes, but as if Its a flashback. Any outside stuff will be in parentheses. Thanks!)

It was my second year in Japan. It was also my second year at Fujimi high. It was around the middle of the year, about the time we had won the state kendo competition, when Tomeao started acting strange. I remember having a few matches against him. He left a few marks I won't forget. Anyways, around now,Saeko, it was when you and I were friends. Tomeao was probably planning this, or it could have been sheer luck, but during a practice,when everyone had left but Tomeao and I, he approached me, bokken in one hand. "I see you and Saeko hanging out a lot." He said.I just shrugged my shoulders, and kept packing. I made the mistake of turning my back to him to get my stuff,when I felt his bokken smash right here. (I touch my right shoulder.) It stung like hell. Turning around, I saw Tomeao,bokken at my throat. "You won't talk to her again. Not by my watch, you Gaijin!" He had this look of hatred on his face, and it scared me. I rolled out of the way of his second wild swing, managing to avoid probably major damage. "What the hell are you doing?" I had demanded, wide eyed. "No beanpole gaijin is going to talk to Saeko. I've known her for years, trying to get her attention. But, as soon as you come along, she instantly shows interest in you!" Bringing the Bokken down at my skull, I saw he meant business. Catching the wooden blade between my hands, I struggled to keep him away. "Always jokes about 'Tomato' Tomeao. Always laughing! I'll show you!" He tried to pull away, but I hung on, my vision blurring. Kicking out at random, I felt my foot sink into Tomeao's slightly bulging gut. Releasing his weapon, he clutched his belly,winded. Throwing the weapon to the side, I barged into him, knocking him to the floor. Pressing my advantage, I had kept into him, and started to punch, vision starting to have a red tinge. I don't know how long i was hitting him, but when I stopped, my hands were covered in blood, although whose blood, I don't know. Tomeao's face had been horribly mashed. I..... I ran away. I had gotten my stuff and ran like a coward. My hands ( I raise them up to show the ugly scars that criss cross my hands like a tick tack toe game.) I didn't come to practice, afraid of you. Afraid you knew, Saeko, that I had beaten a fellow martial artists so ruthlessly, I was ashamed of myself. When I did finally show up, I made myself lose each practice mach, giving myself these scars here ( I remove my jacket to expose my right and left arms, which are lined up the back of my hands.) I couldn't take being so guilty, so I left, and joined karate. A few days later, I got a note from Tomeao in my locker. It read 'If you are going to take what I love, then I'm going to take it back." I guess that's the same day you got attacked, Saeko. I apologize for leaving. If I hadn't left, it wouldn't have happened. You want to know the messed up part? ( I rose to my feet, walking over to the window, and stared out.) When I was hitting Tomeao, I felt... happy.I felt like I had power. I think you know the feeling. I couldn't let myself hurt anyone else, or have a repeat of Tomeao. I wish I could have stayed, but I was scared. I'm.. I'm so sorry. ( Not being able to hold it back any more, I break down into tears,sinking to the floor.)