Chapter 24. Home Stretch.

Waking up the next morning, I went through my usual routine since Z-Day. After checking everything, I stepped outside, and was greeted by five zombies, standing at the gateway. Hands instinctively going to the sword at my side, I froze. Chuckling at my reaction, I dropped my hands, and reached for the Markov instead. Drawing the gun out quickly, I dispatched four of the five, resting my sights on the fifth, a woman that looked in her early twenties. She was wearing a martial artist gi, which was all torn up. Shaking my head, I holstered my gun. "You deserve the honorable death every fighter deserves." I said, slipping on my sunglasses. Rushing at the zombie, I duck under it's lunging grab, slipping my hands around her waist. Locking my grip around her, I lifted her up and over the top of my head, bring her down on top of the first stair, killing her quickly with a audible SNAP. Releasing the body, I rolled backwards down the stairs, stopping at the bottom dazed, but virtually unhurt. Rising to my feet, I sprinted towards the street, barging past any undead in my way. Reaching the street, I turned right, running in then direction of where I was going before. After losing the corpses, I noticed that I was by the bike shop that I broke into. Pressing onwards, I arrived at the Humvee. Approaching it carefully, I peeked inside. Seeing nothing but a piece of paper, I relaxed. Reaching for the paper, I saw it was a note from Katya.

Quin,
We got rescued by, surprisingly enough, Takagi's mom. We managed to grab our gear and get out before any stragglers got us. Alice says hi.
-Katya.
P.s. Saeko is pissed at you. Again.

Shaking my head, I stuck the note in my jacket, and headed up. For a good block everything seemed nice. As I passed a old sushi bar, a zombie lunged at me from out of nowhere, causing me to stumble back and badly slice my right side on a sharp piece of rebar. Bleeding profusely, I limped away, groaning. As I made my trek further,I attracted more of the bastards. By the time I saw the house, I had at least 20 of the stubborn things on my trail. Pushing myself for the final stretch, I saw two people up ahead with automatic rifles in hand. Shouting and waving, I stumbled my way to them, hearing them shout back. Rolling behind them, I heard them lay into the herd. Panting, I saw my vision tinging black. "Takagi's'... group." I gasped before passing out, plummeting fast into its familiar depths.