✯ Chapter 5 ~ Knowing Him ✯

You fiddled with the hem of your shirt as you felt your eyes burn. The room felt warmer but at the same time cold. You never felt so nervous again in your life after getting lost in the streets where Luhan saved you. But now, you don't know what to do.

"Was it a prank call?"

"Or maybe an unknown number?"

"Maybe it wasn't serious?"

"But why does that person know my name?"

You slightly jumped in shock when you felt a hand rest on the top of your head. Luhan sighed as he sat down beside you.

"Please don't panic."

You just felt more cautious when he said that.

"Please don't quickly jump into conclusions."

You just thought a lot more of the possibilities who he might really be.

"Please... whatever happens,"

As his warm hand covered yours, you felt a lot calmer. Even if your guard was up, you can't help but to show your trust towards Luhan.

"Please believe me, Minji-ah."

You bit your lip and nodded quickly. You felt like all of your concerns and uncertainty, popped like bubbles. You can never put away all of the things you both got through. You'll always believe the person whose been there for you when you needed him.

"Okay, Lu."

With a sigh,

"Can you tell me everything?"

It seemed like forever when Luhan spoke.

"I'm sorry, princess but I can't tell you."

You felt this sudden boiling rage inside of you. You wanted to know the truth. You wanted to know everything he's been keeping. You wanted to know more about Luhan. You wanted everything clear, maybe not in your sight but in your mind.

"Why can't you tell me anything?! You think I'm that weak to take in anything life-threatening? You, of all the people, Luhan! Why are you hiding things from me when you're the only one I have here?! I thought you're here to take care of me? Is hiding your true self from me a part of that?"

You can't stop yourself from bursting out. You were at your limit. You tried being patient and waited for Luhan to share everything with you, but you're tired. You're tired of only being cared like a baby, that doesn't know anything that's happening in the world.

You are blind but you can still feel.

"Minji-ah. Please calm down-"

"Did I even trust the right person?" You muttered as you felt his hands on the sides of your face.

"Shhh. I'm not telling you everything," You were about to cut him with your protest but he put his index finger on top of your lips to prevent you to do so. "BUT! I'll tell you something about me."

You breathed in and out, calming your nerves. You were nervous to know who Luhan really is but you wanted to know more at the same time. You just kept yourself silent and waited for him to speak.

"I'm Xi Luhan, 26. I originally came from Beijing and was immigrated here in Seoul because of my younger brother. My brother is..."

Your eyebrows furrowed as you heard Luhan take a deep breath.

"Your brother is a what?"

"He's a part of a gang."

You're half-shocked of what he said but from what you heard from the person who called Luhan earlier, you knew it was connected to something like gangs. You don't really know anything about gangs, just that they're bad, they smoke, they fight, maybe steal or kill.