✯ Chapter 9: Your Home ✯

"What the fuck did I tell you?! The area should be checked! Every fucking corner! How the hell did that man got through the security with a fucking shotgun?!"

You winced at the familiar strong voice. You didn't want to open your eyes since you felt really scared. You can't see but your ears are at its best condition, so suddenly hearing loud noises frightened you.

"Lu?" You whimpered, slowly moving yourself to sit up.

Luhan was outside of the room but he heard the bed's creaking inside, so he knew you were awake. He glared at his men before getting inside of the room you're in.

He saw sitting on the bed with a troubled face. You were feeling your surroundings, touching the bed's cover, reaching the things beside you and almost falling off the bed if it wasn't for Luhan's arms that caught you.

"I'm here." Luhan whispered, tucking a stray hair behind your ear that fell on your face.

"We're not in my house." You stated.

"Yes, we're not. I think it's much safer here than going back to your house." Luhan said, sighing as he look at your pale lips. He suddenly shook his head.

"Where are we then?"

"We're in my building. Do you remember the Moon Center Empire building I told you about? We're at the top floor. My office is just next door. This is my home, princess."

Your eyes widened.

"Y-You own a building?! So what you've told me before was the opposite of everything? Y-You even have your own office? That's... awesome." You mumbled as you pouted. Luhan chuckled.

"Feel at home, okay? My home is yours anyway."

Luhan's words melted you like how flame melts a candle. You can just feel your cheeks warming up.

Luhan didn't speak for a moment that you thought he already went out.

"What happened back there, Lu?" You whispered as if afraid someone will hear you.

Luhan combed your bed hair with his fingers before caressing your cheek.

"Bad guys are after the princess because of the king. But her knight will do everything to protect her." Luhan mumbled softly.

"What did you say?" You asked curiously with a frown, catching one of Luhan's hand and squeezing it.

"You're safer here since this building is full of my men. There are CCTVs, bulletproof windows and doors, strict security and the door of this room can only be opened by me, so you're gonna be safe here."

"What about father? Does he know about this?" You said in panic.

"Uhm. Yes, I told him about what happened already."

You waited for the continuation of Luhan's answer but he didn't speak again after that.

"That's it?" You said in disbelief.

Luhan sighed, wrapping his arms around you.

"Please don't cry." He whispered, rubbing his hands on your back for comfort.

"I'm not a kid anymore, Luhan. I-I'm not gonna cry. I just want to know why is he avoiding me."

Luhan's eyes widened at your words. He pulled back and saw you biting your lip as if refraining to tell more.

"Avoiding you? W-Why would you say that, princess?" Luhan said, looking worried as he stare at you. You didn't use your nickname for him, meaning you're fucking serious this time.