✯ Chapter 23: The Reason ✯

"Will you tell me now why did you leave without saying goodbye?"

Luhan held your hand as you both got out of the car. Changwook ran towards you with worried eyes.

"Later." Luhan whispered as Changwook checked your condition.

"Oh dear. I-I'm so sorry, princess! Are you wounded?! Did someone take advantage of you?! If something happened, I will voluntarily kill mysel—"

You grinned at Changwook, making him stop panicking.

"I'm fine, Changwook oppa. My savior was on time—"

"What if I didn't get in time, huh? What would have happened— Argh. I don't even want to know." Luhan mumbled, pulling you closer as the coat doesn't cover you that much.

"Thank goodness, Luhan-ssi managed to come right in time." Changwook said as he led you both inside the mansion.

"Wait. You know him?" You asked, confused. Luhan chuckled as Changwook glanced at him mysteriously.

"You'll see, my queen." Luhan muttered under his breath.

Your father was pacing back and forth in the dining area with a stressed face. As the door opened, he instantly looked up. Tears formed in his eyes when he saw you.

"My daughter!" Mr. Choi exclaimed as he quickly went towards you. He held you in his arms as he sighed in relief. "I was so worried! Did you wait too long? Was the culprit caught?! What did he do to my princess?!"

"Appa..." You felt your body relaxed in his arms, finding comfort as you remember what happened earlier. "I-I'm alright now."

"Thank you." Mr. Choi said as he look at Luhan, who just smiled at him.

"You must be exhausted, my princess. Rest—"

"But Luhan has some explaining to do. I don't want to sleep without knowing his reasons." You mumbled, pulling back from his embrace and glancing at Luhan.

"Oh." Your father blinked, having an eye contact with the young man.

"Let's hear it then." You said as you sat down on the dining chair. You heard the door open, making you turn your head towards it. Your eyes widened as 11 boys got inside the room. When they saw you, they automatically smiled. You saw 8 familiar faces including your bodyguards here and the duo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Earlier, you didn't really know that it was Chanyeol and Baekhyun but when you heard Luhan call the tall one and Chanyeol call the his friend, you were sure that it was them. Hearing Chanyeol's deep voice and Baekhyun's sweet one gave them away.

You wonder who the other guys are.

"Why are you all here?" You asked, surprised by the number of boys inside this room. Luhan cleared his throat as he glanced at the boys, making them stand up straight and slightly bow at you.

"We're glad to have you back, princess." They chorused, only standing up straight when Luhan spoke.

"They're all from my mafia."

Your jaw almost dropped at the new information Luhan gave you.

"W-What?"

"Did you remember the headquarter that's located here in Busan?" You dumbly nodded, finally realizing the connection. "They're part of that group." Luhan gestured the six males, who guarded you everyday. "While these boys, they're with me in Seoul. You met them already." Your eyes widened as you looked at the faces of those boys.