✯ Chapter 18: Finally ✯

You quietly went down the stairs, looking around as if you're hiding from someone. You sighed in relief as you saw nobody was around at this time.

"Goodmorning, princess."

You squealed in surprise, almost tripping down the last step of the stairs. You put your hand on your chest, feeling your heart beat going faster. You glanced at the person who greeted you.

"G-Goodmorning, uhm..." You trailed off as you don't know what his name was. His face looks familiar but you just can't pinpoint who he is.

"Wonho." He said as he pointed at himself. "We're buddies before, Minji-ah."

"Oh. Sorry for forgetti—"

"No. It's fine, Minji-ah. I understand everything. The most important thing is you're finally back." He smiled.

"Thank you, Wonho."

"Come on. Have your breakfast now."

You've arrived at the dining area, expecting your father and the two bodyguards already seated but they are not there.

"Where are they?" You asked as you sat on a chair, looking at the food in front of you.

"Your father went to work." Wonho shortly answered, putting milk in your glass.

"What about the two guys? Sehun and Xiumin oppa?" You asked casually, not hinting that you're curious about them.

"Ah." You looked at Wonho and raised a brow. He just chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "They're not around for today. But Suho and Lay hyung are here."

"Who are they?" You asked, starting to eat your breakfast.

"They're a part of—" Wonho suddenly coughed with wide eyes as if he said something he shouldn't have.

"Hmm?" You asked, stopping to glance at him. Wonho instantly looked away with a sheepish grin.

"I mean they are like Sehun and Xiumin hyung too. They're your bodyguards. They change shifts everyday, for example, Sehun and Xiumin hyung were the ones in-charged for yesterday. So for today, it'll be Suho and Lay hyung." Wonho explained, making you nod.

"Where are they then?"

"Uhm..." Wonho looked troubled as he surveyed the surroundings.

"They're not here?" You asked.

"I guess they're a little late." Wonho laughed nervously.

You just ignored him and continued eating when the doors suddenly opened. You almost dropped your fork and spoon in shock.

"I told you I put your suit back in your closet! Why did you get the dirty one from the laundry and washed it?!"

"I'm sorry, hyung. I-I forgot."

"Urgh! Now what will princess—"

"Ehem." You fakely coughed, catching the attention of the two guys who have just walked inside the dining area.

The shorter one looks like an angel while the taller one looks like he just wanted to sleep right here, right now.

"P-Princess." They both greeted with uneasy smiles as they slightly bowed at you.

"We apologize for being tardy today." The shorter one said as he grinned.

"It's fine. Have you two had breakfast though?" You kindly asked before drinking your milk.

"Actually, we didn't manage to do so."

"Oh. Then join me." You offered, gesturing the seats in front of you.