33. Doll Dizzy

Setting: TFA AU (Let's pretend that Steve is not crushing on Peggy in this & Bucky was never kidnapped

Setting: TFA AU (Let's pretend that Steve is not crushing on Peggy in this & Bucky was never kidnapped.)

You stood idle in line as you pulled your white gloves on, your red, white, and blue striped skirt blowing lightly in the breeze. You had never felt so out of place; you'd grown up in North Carolina in a small coastal town where everybody knew everybody.

Here, you knew absolutely nobody, but you needed money to pay your way through a higher education; your dream was to be successful, and while signing up to be a USO girl was the last occupation you had in mind, it was still a start. Besides, it was a job meant to last a few months until you could get your own apartment and finally live life on your own—no strings attached, no one else's responsibilities but your own.

Looking up at the outside of the theater, you felt someone tap on the back of your shoulder. Spinning around, your eyes met four of the bluest eyes you'd ever seen in your life. The two men stood before you, one with brown hair hidden beneath his uniform's hat, the other blonde and adorned in a similar uniform, only his had various rank pins pinned to the brown material.

"Good evening, Miss," the brunette said, his lips curling into a smile.

"Hello," you smiled back politely, your heart fluttering as the two men smiled down at you.

"I believe this is yours," the blonde handed you your blue hat that you hadn't realized had fallen off.

"Oh, thank you!" You smiled, taking it from his hands only to watch as the brunette took it right back from you.

"Allow me," he smirked, placing it on your head and pushing the pins in your hair to make sure it stayed this time.

"Thank you. . ." You said, trailing off as you awaited the men to introduce themselves.

Of course, they probably were this friendly to all the show girls; you were nothing special. You were simply another girl to keep them occupied in their down time, but it wouldn't hurt to at least catch their names before they grew bored of you.

"I'm Sergeant Barnes, and this," he patted his friend's back, "is my best pal, Stevie boy." He smirked as he watched your smile grow.

"I'm (y/n)," you replied, holding out your hand for each of them to shake, only to have Sergeant Barnes take ahold of it and bring it to his lips to kiss.

Your cheeks flames and a giggle bubbled up in your throat as you glanced around shyly, some of the other girls whispering and giggling as they watched you and the men.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)." The blonde smiled, taking your hand in both of his after Bucky released it.

"The pleasure is all mine, Stevie." You smiled, glancing over at Bucky as he laughed to himself.

"Oh, he was just messing with ya. Call me Steve, please. And you can call him Bucky." He smiled politely, releasing your hand from his warm ones.

"What unit are you with?" You asked, curiosity striking as you fiddled with the hem of your skirt.

"I'm in the 107th," Bucky answered proudly, his eyes leaving yours momentarily to check you out as you turned your attention to Steve, unaware that Bucky was staring at you.

"And I'm just a Captain." Steve said, scratching the back of his neck as Bucky elbowed him in the stomach.

You raised an eyebrow at them as Steve shot Bucky a glare and turned his eyes back to you, "Geez, Buck. Knock it off."

"He's Captain America." Bucky grinned, watching your face for some sort of reaction.

Your eyes widened slightly, "Wow. Well, you two sure are somethin'. I never thought I'd meet a Sergeant and a Captain all in the same day."

"(Y/n), wrap it up! Show time, hon!" One of the other girl's called out, catching your attention.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm afraid I have to go." You turned back to the men, just in time to see their eyes move up quickly to avoid getting caught from wandering.

"Oh, c'mon, you don't really wanna spend your evening doing this, now do ya?" Bucky asked, taking your gloved hand in his, pulling on it.

"Buck and I could take you out, introduce you to some friends, if you'd like." Steve smiled kindly, his eyes as soft as could be.

"And how do you know I need introducin' to folks?" You questioned, watching Bucky completely remove your glove.

"You're obviously not from up North." Steve chuckled, causing a laugh to escape your lips, as well.

"I could be," you objected, pouting your painted red lips, nearly causing Bucky to go weak in the knees.

"With a cute little accent like that, doll, there's no way you're from up north." Bucky smirked, tossing your glove over his shoulder."

"Hey! What'd you do that for? Now I'll be goin' in there looking like a fat-head with only one glove on."

"Oops! Looks like you're not going in there at all, now." Bucky grinned cheekily, tugging at your arm to pull you away from the line of girls as they started entering the theater.

"Just allow us to show you a fun time tonight, and if you don't have fun, well, you can give Rogers here a good ole knuckle sandwich." He said, causing Steve to arch a brow.

"I didn't agree to this." Steve chuckled, causing Bucky to roll his eyes.

"Fine, then. If you don't have fun, you can crack me upside the jaw. Truth is, I probably wouldn't mind it as long as you promise to give me a kiss afterwards." Bucky smirked as he dropped your hand, allowing you to remove your other glove.

"You boys are gonna get me in serious trouble." You sighed, looking up at them once you'd removed your second glove. "Well?"

"Well what?" Steve questioned you, Bucky also raising his brows.

"Well, are you gonna get me outta here and show me a fun time, or not?" You asked, walking between them as they turned and caught up with you.

"You bet!" Bucky beamed as Steve chuckled.

You held your arms out as they linked their arms with your's, walking you away from the theater without a care in the world. You had originally planned on performing in the show and then going back to your tiny apartment by yourself. However, the night had taken a turn for the better and you were now acquainted with two new pals that came with a whole lotta mischief.