Chapter 73

**THIS IS A RE-UPLOAD**

Chapter 73 was released yesterday, however due to an ongoing technical glitch no one received notifications or updates from Wattpad. I have contacted the help team and informed them of the continuing issue.

Please let me know in the comment section below if you are not receiving update notifications.

****

Hi angels 🙋👼💕,

Here is the new chapter. Remember updates are now on Sundays - I started a new job, and now work Fridays.

Thanks to everyone who voted! We didn't hit the 3k goal, but here is a normal chapter anyway.☺️

Please remember if you want longer chapters, then please vote 💕

😜😜😜If we hit 2.6k votes next Sunday, then I'll write a longer chapter 😜😜😜

Votes do matter to authors, but many people forget to vote. So I'm trying to incentivise people to vote by saying that I'll write a longer chapter update. My normal chapter update is 1000 words, while a longer chapter update usually around twice that length.

Longer updates are great for you to read, but it takes me a lot longer to write. I have to put in double the hours to create a long update, so what I'm saying is that if you guys put in the extra effort to vote, then I'll put in the extra hours to create a longer chapters... 📖🕰⌛️

But don't worry, if we don't hit the goal then you will still get a normal chapter anyway ❤️💖🎀

So remember to hit that ❤️ button to vote!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This weeks's Dream Cast is by

Brian Craig - Luc

Kristen Alderson - Mia

Nathan Parsons - Jacques

Ryan Paevey - Nico

Hayley Erin - Henrietta

Dominic Zamprogna - Louis

Chad Duell - Casper

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The undead moved towards, coming at us from every angle head on. Luc moved directly in front of me, preparing to shield me with his entire body. I tried to move around him, but his hand pushed me back behind him.

"Stay back," he growled.

"You won't be able to fight all of them alone," I argued.

And he wouldn't. Henrietta had used black magic on those corpses, which made them incredibly strong and mean. Nico, one of the toughest vampire guards, had suffered multiple injuries, including broken bones just trying to wrestle one of these monsters. There was no way Luc could take on all five by himself. They would tear him to pieces right in front of my eyes.

I pushed my way past him and grabbed a couple of broken lumps of rock from the floor and hurled it at the monsters. I heard Luc behind me, swearing under his breath. He grabbed me by the waist and dragged me back against the wall.

"Mia, get back here," he snapped. "I need you to listen to me. You're right, there are too many of them for me to fight alone. So I need you to do something for me. I need you to run, when I tell you to run."

"We're going to run? But what about Casper?"

His eyes saddened, like I had completely misunderstood the point. And I had.

He turned his back on the undead corpses stalking towards us and put his hands on my shoulders. "Mia, I don't know if I can us both out."

I froze. It felt like someone had just reached inside me and flicked my heart switch off.

I stared at him. "What do you mean?"

I had an idea what he was going to do, but I didn't want to say it out loud. The thought was so abhorrent to me that I didn't even want to entertain it. He couldn't be serious.

"Mia, look at me," he urged, lifting my chin up to meet his eyes. "They're too many of them. All I can do now is hold them off long enough, so you can escape."

"That's ridiculous, you're the Prince of Darkness. Can't you do something with your powers!"

"It's not how my powers work. I can only channel destruction, I can't control it. If I tried to

"So you want me to leave you here, to die!"

"I want you to let me make this sacrifice so you can live, and so our child can live."

"No, I refuse. I won't leave without you."

"Mia, please," he said.

I shook my head and frustration flickered across his eyes. His finger tips dug firmly into my skin. It was not painfully, but it had a sense of urgency and desperation that made me believe that he was getting ready to die for me.

He smiled down sadly at me and in my head, I heard him whisper, This is the last time...

Before I could even ask what he meant, he leaned forward, grabbing a fistful of my hair and kissed me. His mouth moved slowly over mine, not concerned about the approaching danger. Warmth and love flooded my mind, creating a strange euphoric haze that was hard to cut through. The undead were coming, but all I could do was focus on him. His taste, his smell and the way he felt. It was so good.

I could feel him inside my head, sending wave after wave of intense feelings. In the waves I began to spot pictures, like tiny snapshots from his memories. At first I didn't understand what the images were because I was so caught up in the moment, but then they slowly came into focus. They were his memories of me. I saw his memory of walking into the seminar room and seeing Jacques' arm wrapped around me. Then another of me hiding under the desk from the thunder storm. Then another memory of me walking into the restaurant wearing his shirt for a dress. There were so many, but all of them were surrounded by feelings of pure love.

It was so beautiful.

As he pulled his lips away from mine, I could feel tears running down my cheeks - I didn't even know that I had been crying. He saw the tears running down my face and brushed them lightly away with his thumb. His soft voice rumbled softly in my head... Now you finally understand exactly how I feel about you.

"Luc," I breathed softly, but quickly froze when I saw the monsters over his shoulder, coming towards us.

He moved slightly, blocking them from view and whispered, "Mia, focus on me."

It was hard not to focus on the growling and snarling noises that was emanating from behind his back. The danger was so close, I knew it would be a matter of seconds before they reached us. His grip on me tightened and he ordered, "Look at me. Don't look at them. I don't want my last memory of you to be one of fear."

I pushed past my fear and forced myself to look up at him. His eyes were so dark and intense, I was instantly mesmerised. A smile crept across his face and he whispered, "That's the memory I want to take to my grave. That face, and that kiss."

"Luc - " I began but he stopped me with a brief hard kiss.

He pulled away, letting go of his grip on my shoulder, and releasing the fistful of hair wrapped around his wrist. He gave me one last look and said, "I love you, Amelia Hayden... Now run."