Intro.

Excuse any typos.

Yazmin

"Mommy please don't go!" I screamed for my mom as my aunt held me back.

I was screaming for my mom. People were watching and I didn't care. I didn't want her to leave again.

She turned and looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I gotta go baby, I'll be right back. Promise." She then turned her back and left me.

I've heard that before.

"Come on baby, let's go inside." My aunt takes me inside her apartment and closes and locks the door.

I sat on the couch. Patiently waiting on my mom to come back.

That Night.

I was sitting on the couch waiting for my mom. It's been over 8 hours and she still hasn't came back. My aunt came to check on me every once in a while but I just wanted to go home.

"Baby she's not coming back" my aunt's voice filled the room interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes she is." I let a tear fall from my eye.

I heard her let out a sigh and sit next to me pulling me into a hug.

I pulled away. "She is coming back. Leave me alone."

"Yazmin, she's not coming back" she rubbed my back.

At this point I was starting to believe her. Maybe my mom isn't coming back like she said she would.

"I just wanna go home auntie" I hugged her and cried in her arms.

"I know baby, I know" she comforted me. "I got you now. It'll be ok"

I cried in her arms until I fell asleep.

Next Morning.

"Yazmin get up. Get ready for school" I heard my auntie's voice as I was waking up. "Your clothes are laid out for you on the bed in the guest room."

"Ok. Thank you."

"Your welcome. You ok from last night?"

"Yes ma'am I'm fine" I gave her a small smile.

"Ok well get ready & I'll drop you off at school"

"Ok" she left the room & I went to the bathroom and took a shower.

When I got out the shower I wrapped a towel around my waist and put my long 3A natural curly hair up into a bun & got dressed. I stared at my 230 lb. body in the mirror and sighed. I used to be 330 lbs. but I lost a lot of weight even though it didn't feel of look like it. Not living with my mom anymore means I had to transfer schools. Again. Even though my mom and my aunt lived in the same ghetto apartment complex I had to change schools because they went by who you lived with.

I'm only 16 and I'm in 11th grade so I knew my classes would be with a lot of seniors. I'm not even gonna lie I'm scared for this school year. I didn't have many friends so I was really hoping to make some at this new school.

"Yazmin lets go!" I heard my aunt yell from her room.

I walked to the living room and sat on the couch waiting for my aunt.