Chapter 17

Excuse any typos.

Yazmin

I got up and got ready for Church.

When I was finally ready I walked into the living room to wait for my aunt but she came out in her robe and slippers.

"Oh we not going to church today"

"Why?"

"Dwayne wants to stay home today"

"Oh." I rolled my eyes

"Who you Rollin ya eyes at?!"

I sighed. "I'm sorry I just kinda really wanted to go today..." I said honestly.

I was looking forward to going to church today. Whenever something was going on in my life....I always revert back to God and church. I talk to God about all my problems even though he hasn't seem to had the time to fix any of them yet. It's ok though. I still have faith.

"Well I'm sorry but we'll just go next Sunday" she went back in her too after grabbing a bottle of alcohol.

I went back in my room and before I did anything I got down on my knees and started praying.

"God, I know you probably don't have the time but if you could, I think my aunt really needs help, um, ya know I just don't want her to end up like mom did....when you have time....could you please help her.....please? I think it's my uncle that ya know makes her drink....every time he comes back my aunt changes....God do you think I should tell her about my uncle......touching me? In asking like you actually talk back to me....oh and sorry I couldn't come to church today.....I still love you....Amen."

I got up wiped the tears that had fell from my face and took my church clothes off, put my pajamas back on, and laid back down.

I sort of wish I didn't give that phone back to Lucas....but I'm also kind of glad I did because I just know it was a lot of money. I have the membership back too. I couldn't take that from him. It was too much.

Lucas

"Asia I'll call you later" I hung up on her.

She was irritating me asking for money.

I held Yazmin's phone that I bought her in my hand. I opened the box and programmed her phone. I put my number and Lady's number in. I was gonna make her take this phone. She needed it.

I put the phone back in the box with the membership and put it on my dresser. Personally, if somebody was to give me a membership for a gym I would be mad. But Lady insisted on giving Yazmin that membership. She said Yazmin had been telling her about how she ain't got that much money and she was really trying to lose weight. I mean, to me, she was himself fine the way she was. I don't look at people's body, I love her personality. She's so nice and innocent.

I walked downstairs and snuck my keys out my mama's purse. She was sleep and I was grounded. She was sleeping good too so I decided I was gon take Yazmin her phone. I walked out the house to my car and saw my car had a boot on it.

"What the hell?!"

"Now get ya ass back in the house!" I heard my mama hell.

I looked up and saw her standing on the balcony from her room.

"I just gotta take this to Yazmin ma!" I yelled up to her.