Chapter 2

He's not getting off my head.

It's already the last subject before lunch but he's still not getting off my head. Why am I even attracted to him? I don't know a thing about him. And yet here I am, waiting for my lab partner while thinking about the new guy.

It's just he's amazing. The way he smile, the way he laugh, the way he blink. It's making me curious. I really want to know everything about him.

'Reagan! Are you out of your mind? Thinking about a boy you don't even know? Seriously, what is happening to you?'

'Being crazy.'

"Hey, you alright?" I heard a voice ask.

"What?" I responded, snapping out of my thoughts.

"You seem so out of it. Are you daydreaming?" Nate chuckled.

"No."

"You're alright then." Nate stated.

"Why are you sitting here?" I asked.

"Hello, lab partner." Nate answered.

He's my lab partner? "That's very cool."

Nate was also there when the accident happen. We are good friends. He's actually Jillian's cousin and he is very attractive. He's popular with girls plus, he's a football player which makes him even more popular. I find him charming and I actually have a crush on him so that makes things a little bit awkward for me but we're close.

"Just cool?"

"It's great." I tried to sound more cheerful.

"Okay then." He chuckled.

The lab activity wasn't that difficult so we finished it early. When we're dismissed, Nate and I walked to the cafeteria side by side. People can see me blushing if they were looking at us but thank god, they're busy.

"You're quiet." Nate commented. He noticed?

"Uh yeah, my mind's busy with some stuffs." I answered. Yeah right, busy with the new guy.

"What stuffs?" He asked.

"Just... about the accident." I lied.

"Oh." Nate sounded serious. "I'm sorry I didn't do anything."

"It's fine." I sighed. "I'm just really thankful I'm alive."

"Yeah. The doctors said it was a miracle. And I'm thankful that miracle happened." He looked at me with seriousness all over his face.

Is he worried about me? "Thanks."

"For what? I didn't do anything."

"You were worried. I really appreciate it." I told him sincerely.

He chuckled. "You're easily moved. I think that's one of the reasons that makes you pretty."

Did he just call me pretty? He thinks I'm pretty!

"Nate! Reagan!" Jillian waved at us as soon as she saw us.

"What?" I asked as I took my seat beside her.

"Jason just invited the new guy to sit at our table." Jillian told us.

"What new guy?" Nate asked as he took his seat beside me. The other side, of course.

Just when I was about to complain about how unfair Jason is, I heard the devil speak, "Hey guys. This new kid is in the football team."

"Jason Parker." I spitted out his name bitterly. Jason's one of my close friends. He's dating Kelly. He's also there when the accident happened. He's friendly but sometimes he's annoying. Oh, and Jason's also in the football team.

"Yes?" He responded, sweat falling from his dirty blond hair. Well, his hair's not wet. Just his short bangs above his forehead. Was he running?

"You're an asshole."

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked, confused.

'You just invited him to sit at our table, you jerk.' I want to shout at him but instead, "You spitted on my face while talking."

The people sitting around our table, which are all my close friends except the new kid, burst with laughter.

"Sorry about that." Jason grinned. "Xander, you could sit beside me." He told the new kid.

So his name's Xander. I took one of Jillian's fries because I'm too lazy to get my own fries which causes Jillian to slap my hand. But me being me, I used my 'puppy-dog-eyes' method against her and won.

I snatched Jillian's fries while Jason introduced Xander to each one of us. Good luck memorizing our names, we're many. Though only half of the people sitting at this table are my close friends and were there at the accident. Some were just friends of friends that we invited out of pity. Yes, we're evils like that. I smirked at the thought of us being evils when we can pretend to be angels easily. Anyway, my close friends are Jillian, Nate, Kelly, Jason, and Alexandra. The five of them were there when the accident happened. But from the looks of it, I think this Xander guy will be one of us.

"And that smirking devil is Reagan." Jason finished his introduction speech. I'm actually the last one Jason introduced to Xander, so yay. Sarcasm.

Xander looked at me intently and I caught his eyes which causes us to have a staring contest.

"His name's Alexander Reed. Call him Xander." Jason told us, cutting Xander's and my staring contest.

"Why not Alex?" Jillian asked curiously.

Is she being sarcastic or just dumb?

"Because Alex is another person." Jason reasoned.

Alex is actually the Alexandra I mentioned previously, one of my close friends sitting here. Her name's Alexandra Lee. She's Asian and I think her dark brown hair is really cool. Like literally dark. And obviously, she's a girl. So I think it would be awkward if Alexander would be called Alex when Alexandra is also called Alex. Get the point? Or nah.

"Obviously, I don't think Xander would like to be called Alex when all of you call me Alex." Alexandra stated.

"Okay... hey Xander, what type of girls do you like?" Jillian asked.

Is she for real?

All eyes were on Xander, waiting for his answer. I stared at him, also curious for his answer. "My type?" Xander clarified. Suddenly his eyes stared into mine and we're off to our staring contest again. "Her."

All people in the table stared at him with shocked expression, including me. I am his type? He doesn't even know me! How dare he say I am his type. I frowned.

"You mean her? As in the devil Reagan Clarkson?" Jason asked with a puzzled expression.

"Yes." Xander said, winking at me.

What a flirt!

"Ooh. Hey Reagan, you got yourself an admirer." Jillian teased.

"What are you saying?" I asked, still frowning at Xander.

"Stop denying." Alex told me. "Though we know Xander is losing because Nate claimed you to be his since sophomore."

"I did not!" Nate argued.

"A love triangle? This is so cheesy." Kelly commented.

"We're not a book character, Kelly." I told her.

"But still." Kelly persisted, sticking out her tongue at me.

I sighed in annoyance and glared at Xander. He smirked in response. Seriously?