Chapter 10

Wednesdays are the center of the week. I used to call it the 'Middle Day'. Thinking about it now, it seems childish. Oh well, I was a child. I walked towards the cafeteria doors, thinking about my project with Xander that needs to be submitted this Friday. Who on earth does he resemble? Damn, no historical men are moody like him and are jerks like him. No one's also hot like him. Oops, my mind slipped. Jeez, Reagan. Get a hold of yourself.

Entering the cafeteria, I frowned when I saw that no one's on our table. I mean there are some people sitting and eating on our table but Alex, Kelly, Jason, Xander, Nate and Jillian are not there. Where the hell are these people?

I was about to exit the cafeteria when I bumped into someone. I glared at the person, ready to yell, when I recognized him. Fucking Xander. I frowned at him, "Where are they?"

He raised an eyebrow, "What?" He seemed confused.

I pointed at our table, "I don't wanna sit with fakes like them."

Xander chuckled and held my left hand, "Well, no choice. Let's search for them." And with that, he dragged me and we started running.

I can't keep up with him. He runs so fast. My legs will give out if we don't stop any second now. I tried to pull my hand from his hold but his grip was so tight. If only there aren't any tingling sensations in my hands right now, I would surely yell at him and stop enduring this pain on my legs.

When we managed to exit the school building, Xander finally decides to stop. He released my hand from his tight grip and turned around to face me. I have my hands on my knees, breathing hard.

"Where do you think they are?" he asked me.

After managing to control my breath, I glared at him. "You're supposed to ask me that before deciding to run all the way here."

Xander shrugged and looked at me with a blank expression. "Now we're on the school grounds, what should we do?"

"We could've called them, you know?"

"Right." He said, avoiding my eye, probably embarrassed that he didn't consider the simple idea before running all the way here. "Call them."

I huffed. He has the nerve to order me around. I dig into my pocket and held my phone. I texted them, asking where they are. And they replied instantly.

'In the library, with Kelly and Nate.'– Alex

'Where the books are.' – Kelly

'Library. Don't ask me why.' – Nate

Why on earth did they decide to eat in the library?

I looked at Xander, "Alex, Kelly, and Nate, are on the library."

Xander gave me an incredulous look, "Why are they in the library?"

I shrugged, "They probably decided to be a nerd or something."

Xander grinned. "How about Jason and Jillian?"

"I don't know. I'll look for them in the parking lot. You go first." I suggested.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Now shoo."

He smirked at me, "But you'll miss me."

"I won't, Reed." I said, rolling my eyes. "Now go."

He chuckled as he entered the school building. When he was out of my sight, I planted a huge grin on my face. I don't even know the reason why I'm smiling like this.

Now, where are my best friend and this devil Jason? If they aren't in the parking lot, then I'll go search for Jillian in the female restroom and just leave Jason.

I scanned through the parking lot, hoping to find two familiar faces. Just when I was about to walk towards the next car, I heard two voices whispering to each other.

"I feel guilty." An all too familiar female voice said.

A somewhat male voice hushed her which made the girl giggle. I walked closer to the direction of the voices as my heart beats fast, pounding in my chest.

As soon as I saw the couple, my jaw dropped and my eyes went wide. I cannot believe my eyes. Oh hell no.

"How can a beautiful woman like you feel guilty?" Jason told the girl which made her blush. Their faces were so close, I couldn't breathe. Jason closed the gap between their lips and kissed her. I fought the urge to puke. How can they do this to Kelly?

I feel betrayed and I'm not sure how Kelly would feel about this. I am hurt but if Kelly would know about this, she'll be hurt more. This situation is the worst. Even I cannot accept it. I cannot accept that the owner of the female voice is someone I knew.Someone I adore. Someone close to me. I cannot accept that the owner of the lips kissing Jason's is my best friend, Jillian.