Chapter 11

I can't concentrate on eating lunch. I am uncomfortable eating together with Jillian and Jason. As soon as I saw them kissing a while ago, I immediately ran away. I told the others that I can't find them and proceeded eating a slice of the pizza ordered by Nate for all of us. A few minutes after I started eating, both of them arrived with an excuse of chatting in the lockers. The others seemed to believe it.

My appetite was gone since I saw them kiss. In fact, I only ate one slice of pizza. And I can't look at Kelly in the eye. I have no idea if telling Kelly the truth is the best thing to do. It's all making me confused.

"Is something wrong?" Xander cut my thoughts with a concerned look.

The desire to tell him everything is making me more confused. I don't know who to trust anymore. Even my best friend betrayed not just my trust on her but everyone's trust on her. Especially Kelly's.

I looked at Xander, hiding my anxious thoughts, "No. Just not hungry." I answered with a smile.

His eyes found mine, searching for the truth. Unfortunately, the truth is concealed. I'm not a great liar but I'm not a bad one too. My acting skills are pretty great so I think I'll be able to persuade him into thinking there's nothing wrong.

When he found nothing, he finally let the matter go. "Sure."

I managed to survive this time but I don't think I'll be able to next time. I just can't be close with someone who cheats when he is on a relationship. I can't be close with someone who betrays their love partners. Because I've experienced the pain.

I've experienced the damage. My heart was offended. And I can't let my friends experience it too. Not Kelly. Unfortunately, I don't think Jillian and Jason are considered as friends now.

I don't know.

Jillian's my best friend since middle school. Jason's one of my close friends since freshman. I thought I knew them but I guess I'm wrong. I feel sick thinking about this.

"I'm gonna go." I told them which made them to give me confused looks. Not wanting to act suspiciously, I planted a smile on my face and said, "I'm on my period. Stomach cramps."

All of the boys avoided my eyes while all the girls resisted the urge to laugh.

"Alright, see you later!" Kelly told me with a smile.

I nodded and avoided her eyes.

"Text me if the pain won't stop." Jillian reminded me. My hands became clenched fists, feeling the anger inside of me. I noticed Xander's eyes fell into my fists.

I ignored Jillian and exited the library. I can't deal with her right now.

~.~

The torture finally ended and my fake smiles and lies came to an end. I lied down on the couch since I'm too stressed and tired to go to my room. Today's a long day. I'll need a break tomorrow.

"Reagan, tell me what's wrong right now." Xander's voice cut my thoughts again.

I sat up, "What do you want?"

"You've been tense since lunch. Care to tell the reason?"

So he saw through my lies and acting, huh. Genius guy. I glared at him, "I hate you."

Xander raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes in response.

"I can't tell you." I told him bluntly.

"Yes, you can. And you will." His intense stare at me causes me to shiver.

"Fine." I pouted, standing up. "Jason cheated on his girlfriend." I whispered.

His face did not show any hint of surprise. "With?"

I frowned at the thought, "I'm sorry." Avoiding his eyes, I felt hot tears spilled from my eyes. "I can't."

Xander's eyes soften as his arms wrapped around me and pulled me into a hug. "It's okay." He whispered to my ears.

Engulfed in his embrace, I sobbed as I felt the warmth of his body. This position makes me comfortable. He makes me calm and I don't know why I'm hugging this bastard but I know that his embrace is what I need right now. His embrace tells me that I can trust him. His embrace tells me that I can tell him my problems. And I will never regret it.

"He's with Jillian."

__________________________________________________

A/N: Reagan above! Gorgeous, isn't she?

Maia Mitchell as Reagan Hilary Clarkson

Thanks for reading!