Chapter 12

What!

"You knew?" I asked Xander.

He shook his head, "No. I had a feeling."

I gape at him. "No one had a clue. But you do?"

Xander smirked. "I had no clue until the day you fainted."

Double what!

"How? Why? What?" I asked ridiculously.

Xander gave me an amused look. "Well, I just saw them kiss in Jillian's car before leaving."

I gasped. "How dare they!"

Xander chuckled. "You act like you're the girlfriend."

I glared at him, "Why are you even near Jillian's car? Were you stalking her?"

"Relax, Reagan." He grinned. "Don't be jealous. I just want to give her bag back since she left it in your room. That's when I saw them."

I gave him a disgusted look, "I'm not jealous and leave the details."

But he ignored me, "So they kissed. It was French kiss perhaps, they were enjo-"

"Yuck!" I shrieked. "Stop planting that image into my mind."

He chuckled as he stood up from my bed and pats my head, "Don't worry that much." He opened the door and let himself out.

Well, after sobbing stupidly in his arms for about an hour a while ago, he led me to my room. I told him everything I saw and he told me that he knew. I'll assume he's a genius hiding in the body an immature bastard. Not. But I just can't move on like he can. It shot right through my heart. Even if I'm not Kelly, I can feel the pain. 

Jillian knew. Jillian knew what happened on the summer after freshman year. My close friends knew I broke up with him. But they don't know the reason. Only Jillian knew. And her betraying me? Is the most painful thing I could ever imagine. More painful when I broke up with him.

But I've decided. Tomorrow. I'll tell Kelly tomorrow. Alright, maybe not bluntly but I'll drop hints. And tomorrow, I'll tell Jason to man up and explain everything to Kelly. About Jillian, I'm not sure. I'll probably tell her to apologize to everyone she betrayed. Unless they do, I'll never talk to them. Well, if it's needed I would. It'll be probably hard to ignore them but I'll manage.

~.~

Hunger engulfed my whole body. I yawned as I dragged myself into the kitchen. Midnight snacks would be good. Damn, I can't believe I woke up just because of hunger. I opened the fridge and grabbed a yogurt.

Tomorrow's my big plan and here I am, eating a yogurt in the middle of the night. Am I that anxious? I smirked at the thought. At least, I'm doing the right thing tomorrow. I promise to be there for Kelly when the time comes. As for Jillian, I need to know why. I need to know the reason. I just can't believe that it was my best friend who cheated with Jason.

A ring coming from my phone made me stop thinking. Looking at the caller ID, I found out that it was Alex. What's she doing at a time like this? I sighed as I answered, "Hello?"

"Reagan!" Alex yelled frantically, whimpers in the background.

"Alex, what's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Kelly." Alex answered nervously. "She broke up with Jason."

My eyes went wide, "What?"

"Can you come over?" Alex pleaded. "I know it's pretty late but she needs us."

"Alright. Be there in five." I said as I hang up. I went back to my bedroom and grabbed my keys. I drove all the way to Alex's, worried about Kelly. Did she find out? So my plan's too late?

After five minutes, I finally arrived at Alex's house. I knocked at the door and she immediately opened it for me. Alex lives with her mother but her mother's barely home because of work. So I guess there's no parental supervision now.

As I entered the house, I found Kelly crying on the couch. Her hair's a mess and her eyes are red from crying. I immediately hugged her and tried to calm her down but she just keeps sobbing.

"I just gathered us girls since men don't understand all of this. Nate and Xander would probably side with Jason." Alex stated as she gave Kelly a cup of tea and placed mine at the coffee table.

"So I guess there's no Jillian after all." I told them.

The both of them gave me curious looks. "H-how did you know?" Kelly asked.

I avoided Kelly's eyes. "I saw them this noon. I'm sorry."

Kelly managed to stop her tears, "I-I know Jillian's y-your best f-friend but-"

"She's not." I said firmly.

Their eyes widen at my statement, "What d-do you mean?" Kelly asked, confused.

"Just a while ago, I decided to temporarily cut ties with her. Unless she tells me the reason why." I said bitterly. "I was planning to encourage the both of them to tell you everything tomorrow but I guess it's too late."

"Thanks." Kelly smiled.

I let out a humorless laugh, "What's there to thank me for?"

"I know you blame yourself for not telling me earlier but you tried to come up with a plan." Kelly explained. "Even though it was fail."

"Hey!" I shove her jokingly. "That's rude."

The three of us laughed, momentarily forgetting all the problems. "How did you know?" I asked Kelly.

Kelly frowned at her thoughts but explained anyway, "I decided to give my virginity to Jason."

"No way!" Alex yelled and at the same time, I gasped.

Kelly coughed awkwardly as she went back to her story, "We were in the middle of the sex when he moaned Jillian's name."

Asshole.

"Well, I pushed him away and gave him no time to explain. I hurriedly went here since Alex's house is the closest to mine." Kelly told us.

"Jeez, so I'm the only virgin now?" Alex pouted.

I gave her an amused look, "That's not the problem, Alex."

Alex raised an eyebrow, "I know."

"So you broke up with him when you just gave him your virginity?" I asked.

"Well, I didn't really say the break up thing but he'll be smart to assume that we're over."

I nodded. "Let's not go to school tomorrow, alright?" I suggested.

"Yeah, we need a break from all dramas." Alex agreed.

"And fake friends." Kelly added.

Even with all thethings Jillian did, I don't consider Jillian being fake. I know she was showingus her real self. She probably just can't control her feelings for Jason. Butwhatever the reason is, I know she's been a good friend.

__________________________________________

A/N: This has been a long chapter! Anyway, Xander above.

Francisco Lachowski as Alexander (Xander) Reed.

Thanks for reading!