Chapter 17

Sitting in our usual table, eating my lunch. Jillian isn't here. Jason's sitting awkwardly beside Xander. Silence corrupting our usual laughs. So this is what happens when friendship collapse.

I coughed awkwardly, trying to lighten up the mood. "So, anyone found out about Ruby's wedding?" I stated, not thinking. My eyes widen as I realized what I've said. Oh, shit.

Kelly raised an eyebrow. "No. She's marrying?"

"Oh my gosh!" Alex gasped. "How did you know? She hasn't told us anything."

"Well, probably because they're best friends." Nate chuckled.

"Details!" Kelly demanded.

What do I do? What do I do? I can't tell them that she's marrying my ex-boyfriend.

"Hey." A female voice greeted.

I looked up and saw Jillian sat on the seat beside me. Her usual seat. Jason avoided Jillian's eyes and Kelly glared at her. Gosh, awkward.

"What are you talking about?" Jillian asked.

I kept quiet, hoping for someone to answer her because I can't.

"How are you, Jillian?" Nate asked.

Of course he would talk to her. He's her cousin.

Jillian smiled, "I'm fine."

Really? Your eyes are blood red and your skin's pale. You didn't even made an effort brushing your messy hair. Really, Jillian. Who would believe that you're fine?

I want to talk to her. I want to tell her it's alright. But I just can't. Not unless she tells me the reason she did that unforgivable deed.

"Hey, boyfriend stealer." Kelly stated.

All jaw dropped at her rudeness. Silence appeared once again.

Jillian avoided her eyes. "Kelly, I want to talk to you. After school."

Kelly rolled her eyes and smirked. "Invitation not accepted. If you want to apologize, do it here. There's no reason for me to go in a secluded place with you. You can kill me or what."

Once again, all jaw dropped.

Where, oh, where did my sweet, loving friend go? Where is Kelly what did this 'Kelly' person did to her?

"Kelly, I am sorry." Jillian told Kelly. Jillian's sincere.

Kelly narrowed her eyes. "Sure."

For the third time, all jaw dropped.

"What?" Jillian asked.

"I said sure. Are you deaf?" Kelly rolled her eyes.

"I'm forgiven?" Jillian asked and Kelly nodded.

"So we're friends?" Jillian asked again.

"No."

Of course. Once you've broken one's trust, you can't fix it back.

Jillian frowned, hurt crossed her face. She didn't bother to ask Kelly anything.

Kelly sighed, "I forgive you guys." Referring to Jillian and Jason. "But I guess we're back to zero."

Jason clenched his jaw and Jillian winced. I feel sorry for them but they deserve it.

_________________________________

A/N: Alex above!

    Suzy Bae as Alexandra (Alex) Lee

Thanks for reading!