Chapter 18

I huffed as I hesitantly passed my essay to Mrs. Hall. I just wrote it at dawn because of the dramas I've been facing. My essay's not that great, but it's not that bad too. I've chosen Alexander the Great. Yeah, Xander definitely resembles him.

Well, Alexander the Great annoys me. Ever since I first knew him, I instantly disliked him. I dislike how great he is in such a young age. How he could conquer places easily. How he does everything easily. The same goes for Xander, he annoys me. I dislike how he can flirt with me so easily, like it's no big deal. I dislike how he can manipulate my thoughts so easily, like I hate him in that moment but then he does something funny and then I enjoy his presence the next moment. And Xander's first name is Alexander. Just like Alexander the Great. I'm so smart, aren't I?

I grinned at my thoughts and Xander gave me an amused look. What's his problem now? "What?" I asked, glaring at him.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

Oh, well. I'm just thinking about you.

I can't say that! "Nothing." I lied. "What are you thinking about?"

"You."

Surprised, I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. We were thinking about each other yet I can't tell him that, but he can. His confidence is overflowing. "Really?"

Xander nodded, "Who did I resemble?"

"None of your business. We weren't supposed to tell each other anything about our essays." I told him, sticking my tongue afterwards.

"So mature, Reagan."

I rolled my eyes at him. As if. He's also childish, isn't he?

~.~

"Reagan!" A voice hollered.

I turned around and saw Jillian running towards me. Once she was close enough to talk normally, she hugged me and offered me a smile.

"I missed you." Jillian stated.

"I missed you too." I told her. "What do you want?"

"I already explained everything to Kelly. Gladly, she accepted my apology." Jillian told me, excitement filled her voice. "Now, I need to tell my best friend."

I smiled at her. "So you decided to tell me." I raised my eyebrow jokingly. "Spill."

"First of all, I'm sorry. I did what Ruby did. But there's a reason." Jillian stated seriously. I nodded in response. "I... don't love Evan anymore. Since the beginning of senior year. I don't know why but my feelings for him faded." Jillian frowned. "Then, I started to have feelings for Jason. I mean I liked Jason since freshman but my feelings for him faded when I met Evan. But now, it continued. My love for Jason continued."

Jillian looked like she's about to cry but she resisted. "I confessed to Jason. I told him I can't keep it to myself anymore. What he didn't know was that I expected a closure. I was expecting him to say back off, so that I could just move on. But instead, he told me to date secretly." I gasped, but that didn't stop Jillian from explaining. "I was confused at first but I agreed. We've been dating behind your back for a while. But I guess every secret has an end." Jillian chuckled. "And I'm such a bitch for doing that to Kelly."

I see. Everyone of us made a mistake. Jason made a mistake for offering a relationship. Jillian made a mistake for agreeing. We made a mistake for not noticing. But Jason. Why did he do that? He told Evan that he used Jillian but for what reasons? Oh! I looked at Jillian skeptically, "Did you and Jason had sex?"

"No!" Jillian exclaimed. "I only did that with Evan."

"Why did Jason do it then?" I asked to no one in particular.

Jillian narrowed her eyes. "I don't know. I thought he loved me back. But then he said he used me. So I don't really know." Jillian told me. "We don't really talk to each other now."

I nodded at her. "Did you... break up?"

Pain crossed Jillian's eyes, "Evan broke up with me."

I tapped her shoulders sympathetically but she shrugged it off. "Don't feel bad. It's time to start fresh."

I snickered. "It's not." Jillian raised an eyebrow. "Maybe for you. But not for me." I explained.

"Why is that?"

"I forgive you. Since you didn't do anything brutal to me and my feelings. But I don't forgive Ruby." I told her.

"You got the invitation letter too?" Jillian asked.

I nodded, "Don't you think they're mocking me?"

Jillian chuckled, "Guess so. But she told me that she only gave the letters to us since we were her best friends."

"Oh." I furrowed my eyebrows. "But why are they marrying?"

"She didn't tell you?"

I shook my head.

"She's pregnant."    

________________________________

A/N: Thanks for reading!