Chapter 4

"And he's really annoying!" I complained to Jillian. It was almost midnight when Jillian's dinner date ended and she immediately called me to boast. Seriously. It's making me envious. Anyway after listening to her story, I told her mine. I simply told her that a devil is living in my house until graduation and we'll be alone for five months.

"Well, he's hot. So no complaining." Jillian encouraged.

"I don't care what he looks like. I care what he is like. Jeez, he's super annoying." I told her.

"Yeah, you've been saying that a hundred times." Jillian informed me. "But just live with it. It's your parents' house anyway, not yours."

"Which makes it more annoying."

"You know what? It's almost two in the morning so you should just sleep it off. We're gonna talk about it tomorrow." Jillian suggested.

"Alright. Goodbye." I ended the call.

I put my phone away and climbed to bed. Time for me to sleep. But as soon as I closed my eyes, Xander's face popped in my mind. I really liked him when I first saw him at my first class. I can't get him out of my head. But now, I kept complaining about him but I still can't get him out of my head. And he's making me have insomia.

Just let me sleep, Xander. Get off my head...

~.~

Morning came and I know I have eyebags. I groomed myself and went downstairs for breakfast. After eating cereal, I went to school. Surprisingly when I went to get in my car, Xander's car is not there. He's early.

When I made it to my school, I immediately went to see Jillian. But I can't find her. Instead, Nate is walking towards me as I panicked. "Well, hello there. Are you searching for someone, Ria?"

Nate calls me Ria most of the time because apparently, I dared him to say "Reagan is awesome" when we were freshman. He made me a nickname 'RIA' that stands for 'Reagan is awesome' but it really annoys me and he's teasing me about it ever since. "Have you seen Jillian? And stop calling me that."

"Jillian's in her class." Nate answered.

"Thanks." I responded as I walked away.

Jillian's cousin is killing me. I can't even stay mad at him for at least three seconds. Why does Nate have to be that gorgeous? I really think the world is unfair.

"What's up, Ria." A voice startled me.

"Xander." I responded disappointedly. I thought it was Nate. "Stop calling me that."

"Why? Nate gets to call you Ria and I don't?"

"Where did you even hear that? Were you stalking me?" I accused.

"I overheard your conversation." Xander defended.

I scoffed, "Get away from me."

"We have the same class, might as well walk with you." Xander shrugged.

"Stop pretending we're close. People will notice. And if they notice, they'll dig in. If they dig in, they'll know we're living together. With no parental guidance for five months." I whispered in a low voice only Xander would hear.

"So you're ashamed of me?" Xander asked. "You shouldn't be, I'm hot and I know you want me."

"It's not because I'm ashamed of you. It's because of people assuming the wrong idea." I explained.

"Alright."

"Hey Xander, I've been meaning to ask this actually."

"Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?"

"What? No. It's just that you're quite familiar. Did we meet before?"

"You're a granny." He stated.

"Why?"

"You easily forget things." Xander explained. "I actually thought you already knew me. It turns out you don't. Well, it's not your fault anyway." He said as we arrived at the room. He walked towards his desk, not even bothering to say goodbye.

Is he mad? I mean, what's the big deal? He could've just said we met before instead of saying these things that leaves me clueless. I walked towards my desk and sat. "Jillian."

"I know he's annoying. Stop saying it again."

"That's not what I'm going to say. Actually, I was gonna ask you about him." I told her.

"What do you want to know?"

"Did the both of us ever met Xander before? Like before Senior year." I asked.

"Nope, I don't think so. Why?"

"He said that I met him before. Well, he did not actually said it directly. He just said that he thought I already knew him but it turns out that I don't. Before he said that, I asked him if we met before then he said I forget things easily. What does that mean?"

"Whoa, hold your horses. He's implying that you met him before. Well, we met when we we're in middle school. So I think you met him... before middle school?" Jillian said.

"My memory's not that good." I complained, referring about the damage my brain received during the accident.

"Well, your problem." She teased as she stuck her tongue out.

I scoffed at her as I looked at Xander and analyzed his face properly. Well, his back actually since he's sitting in the front. If I could just remember. Damn.