Chapter Five

Hi! :)

So, I haven't reached my goal sadly. There were only five more votes left, but in all honesty, I love the reaction I get out of you with this story and I couldn't wait to read your thoughts on this one.

And thank you, thank you so much for everything! :')

Mel xx

____________________________________

     The soft sand gave me a comforting feeling as I curled my toes in with a cool breeze sweeping past me. My vision got disturbed with brown strands of my hair flying over my face in rhythm with the wind as I watched the colours of the sun slowly melting together with the darkness that rose upon the sky. My arms were wrapped securely around my knees I had pulled up to my chest to endure the rather chilly afternoon as I watched quietly with a small smile on my face the scene that was unfolding in front of me.

     A man and a woman were walking with bare feet towards the sea with their hands interviewed. The chestnut long, wavy brown hair of the woman was flying wildly around her as they neared towards restless water as the waves hit the waterfront with a light splashing tone. Their laughter and conversation melted together with the sound of sudden chuckles erupting from another group a few feet away from me.

    I turned my head to get a better look at my friends chattering and bickering along as another familiar female laugh caught my attention and I darted my gaze towards the couple I was looking at before. The man, with full black hair and strongly build arms had lifted the petite body of the woman up as he carried her towards the water bridge style. Another smile was fighting its way onto my face as I watched the couple I never could imagine living without with acting like teenagers. I felt a presence next to me as someone sat down on the spot beside, though I did not look up at who it was as the beautiful scenario in front of me held me captivated.

     "One day, I want to be as happy as them," the voice of my brother said after a moment of silence had settled upon us. Turning my heads towards him, I saw him mimicking my exact position at how I sat as he starred ahead of him with a small smile on his face. "Living without a care in the world with the woman I love in my life," he added, never looking away from the elderly couple.

     "Well, you already have your girl in your life, don't you?" I asked in a teasing tone, bumping my shoulder in his with a smile. A faint blush appeared on his cheeks as he suppressed the smile on his face to widen at the mentioning of his girlfriend, Val.

     "Shut up," he mumbled, glancing at me with a glare plastered on his face. Upon the sound of laughter escaping my lips, his eyes turned into slits as he narrowed his eyes at me.

     "You know, one day, you will fall, too. If by force or not, I swear I will be going to tease you about that twice as much as you do," he said in victory as a smirk appeared on his face. Rolling my eyes at his statement, a snort left my lips as I wrapped my arms tighter around my body.

     "But also, I will be killing the guy myself if he hurts you," he said with a grin as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me to his side. Chuckling, I shook my head at him. A soft sigh escaped my lips at the comfort and warmth that shot through me the moment I rested my head on my brothers shoulder.

     "And you know what I want?" I said in a whisper, not really meaning him to answer the question. "I want to be as happy as them, too. With all of you guys in my life forever," I said with a smile on my lips as I let my eyes wander around the beach, truly meaning every single one that had attended the twentieth anniversary of my parents, then last we one we were about to celebrate for ever.