Chapter Six

Hello! :)

Once again, I haven't reached my goal. :( 

Maybe, hopefully, I will reach it this time? Please? Thank you guys for you amazing support on this story and if you want to, you can check out my new story which I published only two days ago called Fate Is A Funny Thing. It would be so awesome to get some feedback on it, too!

Mel xx

________________________________

     For me, the colour red had always stood for one thing. That one thing that brought two people who belonged together into saying the marriage vow. To say and mean that they will love and cherish their partner till death does part them. That they will remain loyal and trustworthy to their partner, that they will support and stand beside their partner with every step they do take.

     Love, that was what I always thought upon seeing the colour red, the meaning of the beautiful bright colour.

     Love could be something so special and so beautiful like the colour red reflected itself. Though, I was not able to say something like that from own experience but by only thinking back at the times where I was still living together with my family, I would see the true meaning of love with every glance I would direct towards the both of my parents.

     How their facial expressions would soften up upon seeing each other after a really rough day. How they still, after years and years of marriage, would confess their love to on another as if it was the very first time they were doing it. With many arguments and discussions between the two of them, in the end of the day, they would act as if nothing ever happened. Because after all, at the end of the day, after everything that had happened during the day will be forgotten and they still will be the married couple who promised to love and care for each other.

     The colour red would warm the insides of me up upon seeing it and remind me that true love did exist. But as I looked up to those blazing red eyes that were intently fixed on me, the meaning that I had secretly made out of the colour red for myself suddenly, was no longer there, replaced with other, darker and much more cruel meanings.

     It felt like as if all the air within me had been sucked out of me, leaving me standing there so numbly and lost. I could not think clearly, all I was aware of were the voice in the inside of my head screaming at me to run for my life and my legs that were with very much all of the force they had left, struggling to keep my form complete and utter fear shaking body up. My lips were parted, ready to let out a scream for help and of fright but nothing came out as I stood there, gazing with wide eyes at the red eyed man in front of me.

     With his presence being near me, I felt not safe, not at all. All I felt was nothing but fright towards the man smirking down at me. His smirk held nothing but the most dangerous and dark intentions in them. And if I had been scared before by him, then, I clearly was lost as to what I felt in this very moment as I pressed my back against the wall behind me to get as far from him as possible.

     "Scared, my sweet Chloe?" Upon hearing my name rolling off his tongue so smoothly with his husky voice, a shiver run through me. The corners of his mouth twitched up into a smirk, amusement written all over his face as he looked down at me. If possible, his eyes shone up to an brighter shade of red, making my arm shot up and push him away in a swift motion.

     "Get away from me," I whispered so quietly as I watched, still with wide eyes, how his tall and well build form stumbled back a few steps at the sudden reaction of mine. His head was dipped down as the startled form of his tried to gain his balance back. Taking this as an opportunity I knew would never come so easily again, I quickly pushed myself off the wall.