14.

Mayleen

"Can you take me back to my Auntie's place?" I said sitting back in my seat after getting off the phone with Danny.

"Ye . Where that be?" he asked pulling away from the trap.

"Uhm its off 60 by that park. You know what I'm talkin bout. Its like ..the only neighborhood over there."

"Yea I know where that's at."

"Ok/ You coming to the club with us right?" I asked him taking in his profile. Awe. He has a little baby face!

He shrugged. " I don't know bout all that Leena. I don't think I'm welcomed."

"You don't need to be tbh. You can just chill with me the whole time. Fuck them. If they wanna be stank then they can do that. You got me so for real just chill."

"You sound just like ya cousin." he said mumbled chuckling and shaking his head.

"How yall know each oter anyway? Yall go to school together or something?" I asked pulling out my phone and texting my aunt that we were on the way.

"Yea, something like that.." he trailed off squinting at the road as we drove past the park. I looked at him and my  thoughts immediately went back to memories of my ex that I left in the Bahamas. I can not get caught up this time.

My phone buzzed in my lap with a message.

Auntie Dez : I'll leave the door unlocked. Danny with you?

Me : Nah.  Not yet. Give me time .

We pulled up to the house a few minutes later and he parked on the street in front of the house. I got out and walked up to the door and heard Darren behind me locking the truck up . I opened the front door an let him in after me. Closing an locking the door behind us.

"Auntie Dez? We're here!" I called through the house as we took off our shoes by the staircase.

"In the kitchen Neecie!" she called back. I took Darren's hand and pulled him towards the back of the house where the kitchen was. As I walked in I stopped dead in my tracks. Sitting at the table was my father. The pedophile. The rapist. The convict. The stalker.

"Mayleen. Nice to see you again." he said with a sinister grin on his face.

Darren

As Leena just stood there and stared at her father, I cleared my throat and introduced myself to Danny's mom.

" Nice to meet you Mrs. Simms. I'm Darren. " I stuck out my hand for her to shake but Leena pushed me back away from them.

She stared coldly at her father." Why are you  here? No, matter of fact why are you out of jail. Last time I checked you had 30 yrs left!" she spat at him.

He chuckled at her frustration. " Oh my dear May. Still the same I see. Except your body's a little more filled out now. Congratulations! " he laughed at his own sick joke.

" You're gross dude. How can you even talk like that about your daughter?" I said to him. He squinted his eyes at me and looked back and forth between me and Leena. His eyes softened with realization.