chapter five - Invitation

Lisa's p.o.v

I arrived home feeling tired from the day's activities and all I wanted now was to take a hot shower and get myself to bed.
Then my stomach reminded me that I hadn't eaten the whole day. I went to the bathroom and after I was done I made a sandwich and proceeded to the living room to watch the lone surviver which was my favourite. I had watched it more than ten times but it still remained on my list to be the best.
Those soldiers evoked sympathy from me and just how they fought with vigour and devotion was amazing.

Having to go through many hardships surely brought a different personality from a person like me.
I loved to watch something that had action and having to go through pain before coming out as a hero. I could never stand watching those movies that majored on love.
I had never known what it felt like to love or to be loved, the only thing life had taught me was to never let anyone step on me.

I woke up feeling cold and wondered why my bed was freezing only to realize that I was on the coach.
The TV was still on as well as the lights, checking on the clock I found it was already ten minutes past midnight.
I yawned out loudly my eyes still sleepy and proceeded to switch the lights and TV off before going to my bedroom.

I was going to sleep till the late morning since it would be on a Saturday and having the whole day for myself.
With that in mind I drifted to sleep.

****
The ring tone of my phone woke me up and looking at the bedside clock I saw it was 7:00 am in the morning.

Agh! Who is this monster calling me at this hour?
Its still very early

I groaned before receiving the phone.

" hello.."

" there you are pretty eyes, what took you so long? I've been calling you like the fourth time now..."

" Elvy. What's going on?"

" now listen, there's a party going down at Melissa's house tonight and we are invited..."

"Hold on there Elvy, us invited? I mean you and I?
That's impossible we are nothing compared to those spoilt and rich girls. Why would they want to invite us?"

"Lisa I know, well the invitation is not from Melissa in person. Remember Del?"

" yah, that guy who frequently visits the restaurant, whom you've always had eyes for..pts. What does he have to do with this?

" well you see it happens he's the brother to Melissa and yesterday I bumped into him on my way home and he sort of invited both of us.. Well me but I asked if it was alright to take a friend along and he agreed."

" forget it I'm not going, I still have three more hours to get my beauty sleep"

" please Lisa, you really need a break from this day to day scheduled life, meet new people and enjoy yourself"

" I haven't complained about my life Elvy moreover no one is stopping you from going"

"Whatever hard headed girl suit yourself Lisa"

With that she hang up, I rolled my eyes at her craziness and covered myself to try and go back to sleep, but she sure had done a good job to ruin my morning sleep.
I decided to get out of bed and keep myself busy around the house.

In the living room, I grabbed my old laptop and logged in my account to try and look for sponsorships. It's something I had been doing now for the last five months with no success but I still kept at it.
I checked my mails and there was nothing important, finally after browsing a little I shut my laptop and decided to make breakfast then clean around the house.

Elvy's p.o.v

I was aware of my status,having come from a poor family reminded me of my place in the society and that brought me to my usual terms life was not fair at all
Lisa was right, I was being crazy and silly. We could hardly afford a one time meal at my house, and although my dad worked at one of the garage downtown half of his salary was deducted every month by his boss to clear the huge debt that had been as a result of my brother's heart surgery. My mum suffered from backbone pain which had left her half active.
She had been hit by a car one evening while returning home from the market and thus she could not work anywhere.

Being the first born of my two brothers, I had to take the step of looking for a job to support my family.
I could not get a decent job since my education had come to a stop after my brother had suffered from the heart problem. The only job I had luckily landed was at the Elliot's restaurant as a waitress.
The payment wasn't much but it helped a great deal and that's when I met Lisa.
She was one girl who both challenged and motivated me.
Her strength was remarkable and I had learnt to like her each day, although at first we were not so close but with time she felt like a real sister to me.

I could share my problems with her and she would never judge me.
The only misery was that she hardly talked of her parents or any living siblings, I had only learnt on a few occasions when she would be on a good mood about her uncle and his wife in Antiac who had paid her fees until her aunt pressured her to get married.
When she couldn't take it anymore, she had left to find herself in the city working at the Elliot's.
And that's all I knew about her but reading from her face she seemed to have been through a rough childhood.

When I had met with Del last night, an idea had occurred to me and that's when I had asked him if it would be fine to take a friend along.
I had thought of Lisa and how to make her lighten up a little but my request had hit a hard rock. Its not like I hadn't expected it but I had a slight hope she would reconsider the idea.
I wasn't going to let her just lock herself in the house while there was a chance to have a glimpse of what was on the other side of life. I did not know her street address and so I called the 000CH.U.L.A check up list address and they traced it from the call.

It was 6:00 pm in the evening when the taxi stopped in front of her house, I paid the driver and proceeded to the door.
There wasn't a door bell something that clearly showed that the neighbour hood was of a low life kind of people not different from where I lived.

After knocking several times, the door was opened and there stood Lisa with some black shorts and a worn out blue baggy T-shirt, her hair was messy and tied in a ponytail her hands wet.

" Elvy, how did you find where I live? I don't remember you asking me for the address."

" oh please Lisa being poor doesn't mean I'm stupid too.
So pretty eyes are you going to just stand there blocking the door? won't you ask me in?"

"Ooh come in Mrs. Genius?

I stepped inside the house which wasn't as bad as my house.
There was even a TV set and a couch, this girl was sure more than I had anticipated.
Looking at her as she closed the door, I had only one thing set, I was going to make her come with me to that party.

Sorry for the late update
Hope you enjoyed this part and how Elvy and Lisa relate
Please vote and comment

Love, Gemmar