chapter fifteen - Not convinced

Eddy's p.o.v

I rushed to the hospital and on reaching there, I found Claudia's dad sitting by her side, with the way he addressed me it was clear that Claudia had not mentioned anything to him.

"I'll leave you two together"
Claudia's father left the room and as if on reflex impulse Claudia opened her eyes.

"You came, I thought you didn't want anything to do with me,"
She was smiling and if you asked me this girl was a good pretender, she had a few bumps on her face and her leg was bandaged but it didn't look that serious.

"Claudia why do you have to pretend that you are too injured when we both know that your wounds are minor"

"You are so heartless Eddy, am lying here sick and all you can say to me is that am pretending?"

I was not convinced at all by her faking.

"What don't I have that you have to go look at that waitress?"

I just stood there looking at her and that's when I got lost in my thoughts, I realized that I had really grown fond of Lisa and for the first time my heart was beating first at the mere thought of her.

I couldn't even remember the day I had come closer to feeling this way, for the first time I didn't want any flings around me and neither my mom nor Claudia would prevent me from getting close to Lisa.

"Claudia I might not want you as my girl but I would never wish anything bad on you, so quick recovery I'll be going now"

I saw her expression change as though she expected something else but I was not ready to play her game.

"You can't leave you have to stay by my side"

"Claudia, I've really been patient with you, your obsession and possessive acts but am going to say this for the last time, I don't want you as my girl, but you are welcome to be my friend"

And with that I just walked out of the room, I was going to meet up with Del since I Still had to tell him to stay away from Lisa's friend.

I was determined to put my life back on track and somehow deep down I knew it was because of Lisa, I was going to start attending my classes and be the good guy Lisa would wish for.

I drove off to my place where I had agreed to meet Del, I gave him directions and just after a while he came.

"Wow man this place is really cool"
Del was good in exaggerating things but he was right the place was so cool and warmer. It just needed a few things and It would have that feel of a home.

"Come in dude, how's the going, you've been too busy to see me this past few days, I wonder what you were up to"

Del had a mischievous smile on and that confirmed my suspicions of him being upto no good.

"Hey dude you make it sound like am a villain, just been making tabs with a few girls, but I didn't do much damage"

We both laughed at that before Del was walking all over the house checking it out.

"Hey dude you can check in the fridge for whatever it is you want this is your place too"

"Woow dude are you planning on settling down with some girl? You are this all prepared and neat, so unlike you"

Del was partly right but the problem was I didn't know if Lisa would accept me, it was just a matter of time.
I wasn't going to force her but I wanted her to like me for who I was.

"Del what about that waitress at the Elliotts?"

"What about her"
I knew Del well and I knew he was taking me rounds.

"I don't want you to hurt her, so do me a favour and stay away from her"

"Oh my Eddy, you don't want anything to ruin your plans with that girl"

I knew what Del was talking about but in this case he was wrong, my intentions for Lisa were good and genuine and further more I wanted to help her out.

"Del my plans for Lisa are good, I really like her man"
He started laughing but I was not done yet.

"Am serious dude"

"What about Claudia, I thought you guys had a thing?"

"No Del I ended things with her, actually there was nothing between us to begin with, I just played along with her game"

Claudia was attractive I couldn't deny that but what I felt for Lisa was different, she was no where closer to Claudia interms of looks, dressing and when it came to a family I noticed Lisa was living all by herself.

"I don't know man, I hope this whole thing won't mess you up, moreover I doubt if your mom will be of the idea"

He was right my mom would be so mad but somehow I knew my dad always wanted the best for me and he never dictated on what I should do.
He always insisted that as long as I was happy then he had no issue.

"As for my mom, she'll understand with time, but that's less to my worry, the thing is I haven't told lisa how I feel about her"

"You mean you two have been spending time together?"

"I actually spent the night on her coach"
I was smiling while Del's eyes were almost popping out.

"Tell me you are joking man, that girl has bewitched you"
Del was being too serious about the whole thing, but he was my buddy and I knew he would back me in whatever I decided to do.

"Actually am going to see her this evening, I'm so nervous man, I wanna ask her out on a real date"

"I can't handle all this at once, you better not be messing with me, anyway all the best dude"

I was just waiting for her time to get off work so i could go pick her up I hoped everything ended up well.

Thanks guys for your reads and votes
Keep the comments coming.
I'll be updating more each day.

Love you all.