chapter seventeen - Tonight

Lisa's p.o.v

I was going through all my clothes but my dilemma was endless I didn't see anything decent to wear. I looked at the dresses on my bed and they were totally worn out.

I wouldn't deny that I wanted to impress the guy.

When I couldn't think anymore, I just went took a thorough shower before wearing my blue jeans that were the newest of all. I paired it with a white tee and together with my black canvas I was ready to go.

I had never been on a date before but from all the books I had read and the movies I had watched, the dresscode was always a dress paired with some heels.

I tried to straighten my black hair before adding a lip gloss and if you asked me, I had never looked this perfect before.

Just as I was giving myself the last touch which actually involved straightening my clothes, I heard a knock and I immediately knew who it was.

Eddy was standing on the door dressed in jeans and a white tee, our outfits almost looked alike except his muscles were bulging under his tee.

I was ogling over him and even though I wasn't the poetic type I found myself weaving words of how I felt right now.

I wanted his strong hands to hold me, I wanted to melt under his gaze, he was this big shiny star and I was drifting slowly to the depths of woven strings of love that were strangling me , squeezing the strength out of me and I felt my knees weakening, If this was love then I was in the depths of it.

"Are you ready?"

I was blushing and I felt my cheeks flame up I was sure he could see it but I didn't give a care right now.

"Yes iam"

"You look beautiful"

That did the trick, I tried to conceal the smile that threatened to erupt but I could feel the throb in my palms, I was shaking actually excited.

He took hold of my hand and after locking the door he led me to his fancy car, the guy even opened the door for me.
No one had ever treated me this good.

The night was a little chilly and the stars were starting to get brighter I wasn't the superstitious type of person but I somehow believed in the luck of shining stars.

I always imagined that my parents were among the stars up in the sky and that they were watching over me.

Mom, wherever you are, I know you are watching over me.

Dear God please don't let this moment end.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts of the guy seated beside me and the good memories I was looking forward to making with him.

I did not hear his door lock before I saw him open the door for me to step out.

We were in the woods and I felt the panic engulf me.

Why were we here.

"What are we doing in the woods Eddy?"

"Shhhh....its a surprise I just want you to trust me, I would never let you get hurt."

I decided to shut up and just trust him.

We rounded a corner a wood house was visible infront of me, the place was well designed but I still didn't understand why Eddy would bring me here.

He opened the house and inside the lights were dim red and at the center there was a table and two chairs well arranged, candles were placed around the table and bottles of wine placed nicely, I actually didn't believe that the guy before me had done all this.

"I hope you like it Lisa"

I was so speechless since no one had ever done that for me before, I felt the tears threaten to spill but I tried to hold it all in. I couldn't deny that deep inside this guy was moving the mountains that had been there for years.

Somehow I felt the reason to be genuinely happy.

"I don't like it, I love it thanks Eddy"

I saw a smile find itself on his face and I just didn't want to stop looking at him.

"Shall we seat now, I'm really hungry"

We both laughed at his joke as he pulled the seat for me to seat, quite a gentleman.

All throughout the dinner, Eddy could not stop looking at me and I kept on blushing, the dinner was delicious and the wine was tasty.

"How was the food"

"Tasty, though I doubt you made it"

"Well ofcourse I didn't, but I hope you loved it"

The food was good and even though he had not made it by himself the gesture itself was heart moving.

"You wanna watch some movies Lisa"

"Yeah sure, but first who's house is this?"

"Its a family cabin, where I used to come with my friends to play here, there are so many memories that I cherish in this place"

The place had the feel of a home plus the privacy it gave to both of us not that I was doing anything wrong since Eddy wasn't a taken guy but Ofcourse I didn't want the gossips going round about the both of us.

Eddy set up the movie and put some pillows on the floor where we sat, the guy even had some popcorns and a blanket.

"Am sorry I didn't grace the date with one of those fancy dresses"

"Hey dear, its really okay, actually you know what? I like the denim trousers and you can be as Much natural as you want, I dont mind"

I was really glad that Eddy was okay with how I was , I wanted him to like me for the Lisa I was and not some girl pretending to be the chic I couldn't be.

I felt my breadth hitch at my throat as Eddy sat very close to me, I could smell his cologne and his heat seemed to vibrate through me.

It was a shame that I was suffering all this alone, he didn't know what I was feeling although his gaze seemed fixed to the screen and he seemed calm.

If only he had an Idea of how my insides were roasting...

Thanks guys for your votes and comments
More updates to come.

Love, Gemmar.