chapter thirteen - Worth it

Lisa's p.o.v

I woke up from this loud noise that disturbed my sleep, at first I thought it was in my dream until I opened my eyes and found all the lights on and apparently the noise was coming from the TV set, it was cold and I decided to go to my bed but my eyes caught the sight of a guy sleeping on my coach, he still had his shoes on and I just stood there not knowing what to do with him.

I checked the watch and saw it was past midnight, I first thought of waking him up and telling him to leave but then that would be so inhuman and deep down I knew I was better than that.

I knew his presence would bring me more trouble but Perhaps he wasn't that bad as I first thought but still he was a no touching zone, he had a girl and I respected that.

Just then as I was standing there contemplating on what to do next, Eddy turned and curled up more on the coach like a small baby it was evident that the guy was getting cold.

I went to my room and took one of the duvets, it was an old one but in this case I was sure he would appreciate it than sleeping cold.

I removed his shoes slowly and put his legs on the coach then covered him well with the duvet. I switched off the lights and the television and went to my bed , it took me a while to fall asleep well much aware of another person present in my house.

After what seemed like ages I drifted to sleep and didn't wake up in the middle of the night untill I heard a door click, I just turned as I thought I had imagined it.

I was having this nice dream playing with my mother outside our house it was so good that I didn't want to wake up.
Just then the phone started ringing, I tried to ignore it but it went on and on and if I didnt pick it up definitely whoever was on the other side wasn't going to stop.

"Hello.."

"Heeeeeeeey wake up girl its already 10:00am "

"Elvy why are you screaming on the phone and please I can even sleep the whole day if I want so get off the phone"

"Huh...what were you doing the whole night that you have to sleep through the day?"

"Cuddling with Eddy"

"Tell me you're joking girl"

"Nop, am not"

"What's your schedule today?"

"Sleeping, eating, then going back to sleep again"

"You wish, I thought we could go to the park today for some girlfie time, its been a while"

"I'm still not sure I want to leave my bed Elvy"

"Well you'll have to, either you do it willingly or I'll drag you from it myself"

"Okay miss commander, what time?"

"In an hour I'll be at your door, you better be ready"

"But.....Elvy?......Hello?..."

She had already hanged up and so I had no choice but to get up, then I remembered Eddy was still sleeping on my coach, I rushed to my living room only to find it empty, the duvet was well folded and the living room seemed in order.
There was a note on the table:

Lisa,

Hey sorry about yesterday I didn't intend
To sleep on your coach, thanks for not
Throwing me out in the middle of the night.
Here's my number, I would appreciate if
You give me a call.
0098743000

Eddy.

So the click of the door I had heard wasn't an imagination he had left, I found myself smiling after I read the note, it was so sweet of him to atleast say something.