chapter seven - Taken

Eddy's p.o.v

Del and his sister Melissa came from a good family and so being to this party wasn't just coincidence everywhere i looked i saw girls from classy families, i had dated some of them and others were still on my trail.
I was standing at the corner with a glass of champagne when a girl so beautiful walked inside the room, she was wearing a trailing dress but what caught my attention was her composed posture and i knew what i did best with such, the night had just started.

"Ooh well see who's here, whatsap guy?"

"Hello Del, its good to see you"

"What's with the long face dude, has a lady bitten your nose?"

"I would be burning right now, and anyway Del you know me well, no girl would dare.."

Del was snearing at me as though i was joking or narrating a fairy tale but deep down i knew no girl was a hard score to me.

"OK dude but there's always a first time in life, careful you might burn your hand"

"That will never happen Del. So who's the rocking girl standing with your so called girlfriend?"

"Cut it off Eddy, Elvy is not my girlfriend she's just a friend.."

"Oh.. Really?"

"Dude she's the waitress at Elliott's and with her is Lisa, isn't she beautiful man?"

"Yah Del she sure is..here.."

I handed Del the drink i had in hand as my eyes were focused on one spot

"But dude.."

"Later Del"

I was sure Del was watching where i was going but that didn't matter now.
As i neared the so called Lisa, my eyes got a surprise she was the same girl who had served us back at the Elliot's restaurant and at that moment i felt my knees get weak and no girl had ever affected me in such away. Del was right there was always a first time for everything.
She was facing the other side and so she couldn't see me as i approached her.

"Hello Lisa?"

Lisa and her friend Elvy were chatting out loudly and laughing and so when Lisa turned she still had on a big smile but when her eyes landed on my face it faded away slowly and my weak knees proved to fail me.

"Y..ye..yes.."

"How are you ladies doing, hope you're enjoying"

Lisa did not answer but her friend who seemed to have guts to talk chipped in.

"Yes, we are having a blast of a moment here"

Oh yeah while i'm having a blast of knee-knocking moment here.

Just then the speaker announced a random dance with any partner one would wish to choose, and i knew the moment was this.

"May i have the pleasure of dancing with the most beautiful lady in the house?"

I was holding out my hand as i looked at her but she was hesitant and i could sense discomfort in the way her eyes roamed around as though looking for someone who would be watching.

"Y..yes"

I took hold of her hand which surprisingly felt hard and far from all the others i had held before but there was something else in those hands, it was comfort, safety, courage and it felt so right."

What's happening to you Eddy?

I didn't know what came over me but when the song started playing i felt relaxed but from the angle of her shoulders i knew she didn't want to be here.
There was silence up to the middle of the dance when i couldn't take it any more i decided to try initiate a conversation.

"So Lisa, where do you come from?"

"Hmm..Just around"

"Ooh that's nice."

I was so bitten, i had never lacked words before but this proved to be hard than i had anticipated anyway being the man i was, i wouldn't give up.

"So are you ladies....."

"Oh there you are Eddy, been looking for you so who do we have here?"

Damn! Damn! Talk of a ruined moment.

"Hello too Claudia , this is Lisa my friend"

"Oh hello Lisa, how comes I've never heard of you?"

Claudia was sizing up Lisa and i could feel her coiling back and i wanted to rescue her from this, i was already attached to her within minutes but i could sense jealous in Claudia's tone.
Lisa extended her arm to Claudia but she ignored it and i stood there feeling awkward.

"Lisa this is Claudia , my f..."

"His girlfriend, actually my dear i came to have a dance with you"

Claudia dismissed Lisa as she pulled me to dance with her, i had no choice since i knew Claudia's position with my family, i didn't want any trouble.
I watched as Lisa withdrew back to where her friend was dancing with was that Del?

"So Eddy, when are you going to announce about our relationship?"

"But Claudia.. ."

"No Eddy its alright I'll wait but i can't wait to be officially your girl and so those loose girls like Lisa will keep off your coat.

"Shut up Claudia! Lisa is a nice girl and not a loose girl"

"I knew it Eddy, so what has she fed you with that you are defending her?"

"Nothing Claudia , she's a respective girl and would never throw herself at any guy unlike you"

Claudia was left speechless and i could see tears forming in her eyes, i wasn't prepared to see that.
I felt bad for how she had spoke about Lisa.
As i turned to leave i looked one more time to where Lisa had been standing but she was not there and so i left the room to get some fresh air.

I stepped outside and took a deep breath when i looked on the far right end of the balcony and notice Lisa standing there alone.
I walked to where she was and i could see that she was shivering from the cold breeze.

"Lisa... What are you doing out here all alone?"

"I came to get some fresh air"

I took off my jacket and rapped it around her.

"Here, you are shivering"

"No no Sir, I'm OK"

"Call me Eddy, I'm sorry about what happened back there"

"Its fine, she had all the rights to ask"

"Anyway forget about that, tell me what the stars mean to you"

We both looked up to watch the stars as there was some silence before Lisa spoke.

"To me they mean relieve, a new day to make the best out of myself"

"That's so moving, I've never heard of such"

"Yeah i know its crazy, what about you?"

"It depends on the moment, like now it feels peaceful."

I felt so much at ease around Lisa and for a moment i forgot about my pride and rules to never let a girl invade my territory but right now i would change that.
One of the serving men, came with a tray of champagne and i took two glasses.

"Here have this"

"Thank you Eddy"

We took sips from the glass and i could see that she was now more relaxed, for a moment i forgot about Claudia and her melodramatic actions but her issue could wait.
I had even forgotten about my intentions when i had approached Lisa.

I looked at her and our eyes met she gave me a small smile that broke mine automatically, it was beautiful.
She had such beautiful eyes, large and illuminating. One could drown in them, she wasn't the most beautiful but interesting and had a capturing face.

Hope you enjoyed
Please vote and tell me what you think.

Love, Gemmar