chapter twenty four - problem solved

Eddy's p.o.v

Claudia had gone too far and there was no way I was forgiving her for this, I almost slapped her but restrained myself, there was a better way of punishing her for her actions.

I told myself and did not think twice but dialled the police line,

"You must be Kidding me ,Eddy, did you just call the police on me?"

"Yes Claudia, you went too far and you deserve to be locked up"

Claudia was all yelling at the top of her voice as I called out for an ambulance, I was holding Lisa in my arms and for a moment she seemed lifeless, she was the girl that I loved.

And despite everyone's opinion of her my heart did not know of her poverty, her inexpensive clothes, her undone nails or her black hard hair, she was a streak of hope to me that somehow I was normal and could love someone.

I heard the police car approach where we were then the ambulance could be heard from a far, Lisa was bleeding and had hurt her head.

"You will pay for this Eddy, my father will make your family miserable"

I couldn't care less what her father would do right now, I just wanted Lisa to be fine.

"Your mother will never approve of that relationship and I won't rest until I make her life miserable, you haven't heard the last of me"

The police handcuffed her and took her to the cells, by then the ambulance had arrived and I climbed alongside lisa before heading to the hospital.

Luckily on reaching the hospital the doctor examined her and assured me that it was only a minor bump on the head and she had only twisted her ankle, and would be discharged on the very same day.

She was still asleep when I heard my cellphone ringing, I checked the caller ID and saw it was from my mom, somehow I knew trouble was coming my way, but I could not ignore her so I picked up.

"Hello mom?"

"Where are you? And what's that am hearing?"

"What mom?"

"Don't play dumb with me Eddy, why is Claudia in the police custody?"

There was no way I would tell her that Claudia was arrested for pushing Lisa, I knew what position that would put me in.

"I don't know mom, but I'll find out"

I had to think fast and look for something to cover up this whole mess, I had to get rid of Claudia once and for all and there was only one way to do that, I was going to use her secrets to shut her up.

I couldn't leave Lisa alone and so I called up Del and after explanaining to him what had happened, I left him to check on Lisa as I went to handle Claudia.

On the front desk at the police station I asked to see Claudia and for once she seemed regretful.

"Claudia..?"

"Ooh Eddy you came to see me, am sorry I will never hurt lisa again, you have to believe me I don't know what came over me"

I almost believed her but then I saw mischief in her eyes and there a wicked smile creeped on her lips and she started laughing hysterically.

"Ooh my Eddy, for crying out loud, do I look sorry? She could break her neck or die for all I care, but you have to get me out of here"

Claudia was an Angel outside but the real devil was lying inside but she was so mistaken.

"Claudia if you don't stop this nonsense, I will tell the police of what happened at the beach house"

"What beach house, you know nothing about me"

"Well I have my sources, and it seems you are such an evil person that even your friends are willing to testify against you"

I saw horror in her eyes as it dawned to her that I was serious.

"But it was an accident, she drowned and I was too scared to do anything"

"Apparently your friends tend to think differently, they said you had a fight with the girl that morning and that's when she died, you did not even report to the police."

"Are you blackmailing me? "

"Well call it whatever you want, but am going to get you out of here, if my mom asks tell her you were picked up by police patrol since you didn't have your ID on you "

"There's no way am doing that"

"Then Claudia you will be in here for a very long time for murder charges"

"No Eddy, I'll do what you want please I don't want to go to jail"

"Good, now we are on the same page, I don't want you near me or Lisa"

"Okay..."

What Claudia didn't know was that the girl had actually been saved and for her fear of being arrested she had left hurriedly, but I would have to play along the line of her guilt for the moment.

One thing about spoilt rich brats was that they were so good in breaking the law but too scared to stand up to their mistakes and so ended up hiding under the cacoon of their parents.

I knew this very well since I had been in this situation so many times but everything had changed when I met lisa, somehow I just wanted to stand brave and not be a coward rich kid.

I went and dropped the charges and she was released, she called my mom and repeated to her what I had told her to say, with that I walked back to the hospital and found Lisa awake.

But she was laughing on a joke that Del had told her. My heart warmed to her crescent-moon-like smile.

"Ooh Eddy there you are, I was just telling Lisa here of how a hero you are, "

He winked and I at once knew he was lying I was sure he was bad mouthing me.

"I ain't comfortable when some other guy is making my girl smile"

"Wait, you mean you two are now a thing?"

"You heard it Del, now take this card and get out of here"

I gave him my card to go and pay the hospital bill before Lisa could be discharged, but I was going to take her to my place and take care of her there until she was well.

Yeeey to my readers thanks for urging me to keep updating
Shout out to my reader lexy190s
Thanks for your beautiful comments.
More updates to come.

Love, Gemmar