chapter twenty five - The golden ring

Lisa's p.o.v

"Eddy why are we leaving, I still want to stay here with you"

Of course she was teasing me but it somehow felt good to be able to take care of someone, the only time I had felt this way was way back before I lost my grandma.

"Lisa am sorry but I had to ask Del to go to your house and get your identification card it was needed here at the hospital, I know I should have asked first but you were unconscious"

I was the kind of person who hated violation of privacy but in this situation I had no other option.

"Its okay, I actually forgot to carry it this morning as I was coming to your house"

"About earlier, I know I acted stupidly Lisa and you don't know how regretful iam"

"Well as long as you don't do it again, then you are forgiven"

"Actually Del had to bring the whole box containing your documents, he claimed it was violation of privacy, its in my car"

Del talked about something about being haunted by the old memories that other people were trying to burry. I did not understand him and was laughing through out since I didn't know him to be the superstitious kind of person.

Lisa got discharged and I did not let her even walk I just carried her all the way to my car with her constantly telling me to put her down but I would hear non of it.

The box with her credentials was on the front seat and Lisa just climbed in and held it on her lap.

The drive to my place was silent and she somehow seemed lost to a place far away. I felt disturbed since I felt responsible for what Claudia had done.

If only I had been too brave to stand up for what I felt for lisa then we wouldn't be in this position. But I had decided to make things right even though at the back of my mind I knew there was my mother to deal with.

"Are you okay beautiful"

She seemed startled from her thoughts but managed to give me a smile.

"I'm alright, its just that this box was given to me by my mother"

I saw her eyes glitter and I knew she was about to cry.

"What happened to her"

She went silent and its like she was trying to gather all the courage to talk about it. I understood her well since the death of my grandma had torn my heart to pieces and till date I still find myself crying secretly wishing she was around especially when I get to fight with my mom.

"Its okay if you don't want to talk about it"

I was sure that if my grandma was still alive she would have liked lisa.

She was one person who did not care about societal classes, she believed in love being the strongest force to bring two different people from different worlds together.

But my mother always made sure to keep me away from her, she claimed she was a bad influence on me but every time we somehow managed to find time and talk. Her death had been a big blow to me but my mother had not shed even a tear.

There were those moments I had second thoughts on the things she did, she was my mother but deep down she was a heartless person, rude to her staff, and there were even those moments when she would pick a fight with my father.

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw that we had arrived at my place.

I tried to pick Lisa from her seat but she wouldn't let me this time.

"Its okay Eddy, I can walk"

"Are you sure beautiful, I don't want you to fall"

She nodded her head before walking a little behind me, I was sure this place still had an effect on her and the morning events were still fresh.

Inside I made her seat on the coach as I went back and forth to make sure she took her medicine.

"You must be hungry beautiful, but even though am not a good cook today you'll have to put up with my food"

"I can help you, trust me am fine"

"There's no way am letting you stand from that coach. But before that I have something for you"

"Ooh my I love surprises, but ofcourse the good ones"

I went to my closet and got the little velvet box, if only grandma was here, she would be proud of me.

Lisa was still seated on the coach looking anxious.

"Close your eyes"

I was holding the box behind me as I crouched in front of her.

"No peeping lisa"

"I might be the kind that sees even with my eyes closed Eddy"

We both laughed to that as I took hold of her hand and put the golden ring in her middle finger.

She opened her eyes and when she saw the ring her eyes almost popped out.

"This is to promise you that I will always love you, and whatever happens you'll always be my biggest shining star"

"Its so beautiful Eddy, thank you"

"My grandma gave it to me before she died, she said I should only put it on the girl I loved, I wish she was here to see you"

"Am sorry to hear that, I wish I had met her too"

She held my chin in her hands and I felt the warmth vibrate through me, this girl had a way to make me feel like I was floating on cloud nine.

I found myself looking at her lips and slowly I moved closer and our lips met, every time this happened I would feel something tighten at my lower abdomen but I knew better to zip up my feelings.

She was too precious for my little fantasies, I would give her all the time and space she needed.

When our lips parted I gave her a reassuring smile before excusing myself.

"And now I'll go get you something to eat"

There was no way I would let her see me this way, I felt the discomfort in my pants and I knew my wild nature was in full motion and actually visible.

I tried to adjust myself in the kitchen but it would take some time before I could walk before her.

Today am in one of those moods where I just feel like going on and on. Things are getting better for Lisa and Eddy.

comment and don't forget to vote too

Love, Gemmar.