chapter twelve - A start

Eddy's p.o.v

The moment I stepped inside Lisa's house I felt warmer, the place wasn't much to be termed as comfy but her presence made it all comfortable.
I sat on the coach which was much worn out but still strong, I searched through my mind for something to say but I came out blank.
I looked at Lisa and saw that she was still wearing the shirt I gave her earlier morning only she had changed into grey tyra shorts and her thighs were bear.
I could see her shy off from my stare.

"hey Lisa I went at your working place and Elvy told me that you left work early "

" yes Eddy, I wasn't feeling so well"

"but are you okay now? I mean have you sought any medication? "

" thank you for the concern, I'll be alright "

" alright Lisa then you shouldn't be walking around, sit here"

"am alright Eddy "

" no Lisa, with your permission please allow me make use of your kitchen. Have you eaten?"

That scared me so much, I couldn't believe I offered to make her supper, this was way out of my type, if I could remember well I had been in the kitchen maybe twice in my life, I had no slightest idea of what went on in the kitchen, in my home that was the work of the house helps.

Damn

This could turn out to be embarrassing I had to think of a plan B I was so good in that.

"Hey Lisa how about we order some pizza?"

"I don't know, moreover am not that hungry anyway"

"Hey don't be shy its okay you can just say what you want to eat."

"I know my kichen is not in a good shape..."

Her voice trailed off as I saw a flick of embarrassment on her face, she was looking down to her fingers on her lap, I felt guilty that she had to feel bad just because of my presence in her house and so I just looked for something that came to my mind to make her feel better.

"Actually you don't have to feel bad about your kitchen, the truth is even in a posh-like kitchen am not functional"

"Huh! You mean you don't know how to cook?"

"Am afraid yes"

"What about back at your place? You mean you don't cook at all?

"Actually I just moved in to that place and you were the first person that checked in,"

I didn't know why I had to mention that but somehow indirectly I wanted to make it clear to her that she was special even though her coming to my house was accidental, I still found myself fathoming the idea.

"Anyway sooner or later I'll have to start cooking at my place"

"Hmm I can't imagine eating your food, if you've only been in a kitchen twice in your whole life."

I tried to fein embarrassment but it ended up turning into a blush, this wasnt so like me at all, but I was just happy to the fact that we could make a conversation going and were comfortable with each other, I ringed the pizza place and ordered two.

"You must be thinking that am a spoilt brat"

She was looking down and so I couldn't read the expression on her face.

"But you are spoilt that's a fact"

"About that incident outside the supermarket am really sorry but you know something I was really impressed to the fact that you are a girl but were able to stand against a guy like me, am really sorry about that it was my fault."