chapter ten - coffee

Eddy's p.o.v.

...
I was so nervous that I could feel my hands sweating, for the first time I checked around to see if everything was in its perfect position, I don't know why it bothered me but I didn't want Lisa to have the wrong idea about me.
Thank God I had cleaned the place and to my advantage everything was new in the place and shiny. I saw Lisa look around but could not read any expression from her face, she was one mysterious girl.

"here please seat, aah! Am going to get you a fresh shirt "

She did not reply instead she just looked at me and sat. Jeez! This girl had the cutest eyes I had ever seen.
My mind was a shamble and I didn't know what exactly to do or not to do.
I went and got my favourite white shirt and placed it on my bed neatly. Then I remembered who I was actually dealing with here, I didn't want my actions to be misinterpreted so I took it to the spare bedroom where she could change.

"Lisa, you can just go right ahead and change " I directed her to the room and left.

In the living room I sat, stood, sat again and ended up pacing the floor, I was so nervous.

Should I offer her a drink?

Damn

Just then she came out and I could slap myself for staring at her. She looked beautiful, she had cleaned dirt off her face and hands.

"what can I offer you? " I didn't know any other way to make a conversation.

If only Del could see me, he had told me that there was a first time in everything, I guess this was it.
I didn't want her to leave yet although I knew she was getting late and I had promised to take her and explain to her boss. For the record I didn't want to get her into trouble.

"no thanks Eddy, I'm actually so late I'd prefer if I leave now. "

She started towards the door and that's when I remembered I was still in my jogging attire.

" Just give me a sec I'll grab the keys "

I pulled on a black tee and my dark jeans before grabbing the keys. She was already outside waiting for me. I went to my jeep which was actually my father's and opened the passenger's door for her, she stared at me for a second before getting in.
I got in and carefully drove out, the atmosphere was tensed and from the corner of my eye I could see that she was also nervous.
I fumbled with my mind trying to look for something to say.

"so, what time does your shift end? "

Gosh I hope she didn't take that wrong, it was just too late to take it back.

" it ends at 6:00pm"

She said briefly as if she didn't want to keep talking but I wasn't going to loose this chance.

"hey do you mind if I invite you for a cup of coffee later after your shift is done? "

" uu... My.."

"you can take it as an apology for messing you up this morning "

I was even surprised by myself how I ended up looking for excuses to invite a girl out and for what? Just a cup of coffee. Ridiculous! I wanted to drop the probing but something kept pushing me.

" it's alright. "

" great I'll see you after work "

With that I pulled in front of the restaurant and before I could say anything she was already out, I just heard her mumble a thank you.

Just then I heard someone tapping on my window, I lowered it and my eyes met straight up with those of claudia's.

"claudia, what are you doing here? I mean you should have just called me "