34. i give up

Aubrey stood in front of the group, her group. Even if she was no longer the captain she liked to call it her group.

It was the first practice after winter break, it was time to start practicing for their first finals.

"Afternoon guys." Stacie said walking in front of them.

For everyone's surprise Beca wasnt there. "As you noticed Beca showed to school this morning and i have no idea if she'll come. But we dont need to lose time so..."

Chloe started handing sheets to everyone, the playlist was different and everyone loved it.

Right before they started to warm up, the doors were slammed open showing a tired Beca on the entrance.

She walked straight to the piano and took her laptop out of her backpack.

"Hello to you too." Amy joked.

"Im sorry." She apologized. "I had to- hum i had stuff to do."

The Bellas stared At her in silence, specially Chloe. Beca didnt seem to show emotion, no sign of anythong at all, But she noticed the brunette's knuckles.

"I prepared a set to practice, its a mash-up. Its different, i know, we never did this i just want to try something." Beca said nervously, fearing her idea would be put down.

She glanced At Aubrey, she wouldnt admit it but she wanted the blonde's approval so badly.

Aubrey only smiled At her so Beca put play.

"Ride" from Twenty one pilots started playing, but there were no voice, no lyric.

Beca nodded looking At Lilly, the asian girl, started imitating the beat box. CR joined her.

Beca motioned to Ashley and Amy to do the high notes.

Jessica and Aubrey waited for Beca's sign to play the "back up" of Ride.

Beca waited for the right moment, and when it came she signaled the girls to stop, then she started singing the lyrics of 'I write sins not tragedies' by Panic! At the disco. Then again, the girls started singing again.

The girls seemed to like the turn this has taken, none of them expected that song to fit with this other song.

Everyone was enjoying it, everyone except Chloe. You may be asking why, well, as the Beca started singing the start of the song and Stacie joined Beca, she saw Beca's body lenguage.

Something was obviously up with her, she was singing with pasion, even with more pasion when she spat the word "whore" as if it was venom and her blue eyes met hers.

It was evident. Wasnt it

Chloe was hurt, but furious. Beca had no reason to call her like that.

The girls started to cheer. They actually sounded good for the first time in their lives.

"What do you think?" Beca asked shyly.

The girls' smiles told her everything.

"Cool. Awesome." Beca said taking the pendrive out of the laptop. "Then i better start working for the finals. Stacie will start teaching y'all some moves."

The practice went by quickly for everybody. Beca was putting all her stuff in her backpack while everyone started leaving. Chloe patiently waited for everyone to leave so she could talk to Beca alone.

"Why are you still here?" Beca suddenly said without turning her head around to see Chloe, she knew she was there.

"Whore." Chloe said as she walked towards Beca, Who still had her back facing the red head. "Really?"

Beca laughed a little. "So it worked."

"Excuse me?" Chloe said obviously confussed.

Beca turned around, she had her headphones on her hand. "You thought i called you whore. You got más, and now here you are.." the brunette zipped her backpack and threw it over her shoulder. "talking to me."

"I thought you called me whore?" Chloe asked.

"Yup, exaclty." Beca said as she cleaned the board. "I wouldnt dare to call you like that."

"Then why did you said it." Chloe was clueless.

Beca shrugged. "Obvious reasons."

Why was Beca acting so indiferent. It was really bothering Chloe.

Chloe sighed and turned around to leave, but Beca stopped her by taking her by her lightblue backpack, making Chloe stop.

Chloe was about to yell At Beca, but she didnt. For some reason, their eyes met. They stared At each other for a few seconds. No word was spoken. Just their eyes.

"Im not the one Who should be apologizing, but im sorry for. Whatever. I. Did?" beca told her, still holding the back of Chloe's backpack. "But i need you."

What the hell. Chloe was screaming internally.

"I mean for the sake of the group." Beca's gaze fell. "You're like the co captain now and we have to get along well. So im sorry."

Chloe nodded. "Why are you apologizing?"

Beca's mouth fell open. "You have to be kidding." she Let go of Chloe's backpack. "I truly dont know why you are so mad. I dont know why you arent talking to me. Maybe i did something wrong? But i have no idea because you dont event look At me. You should be th-." beca sighed before finishing the sentence. "I Give up."

Beca walked to the door. "Cant say i didnt try." she said before putting her headphones in place and leaving the room.

"Im the one Who should apologize." Chloe whispered to no one.

Chloe knew she was the one Who apparently "broke" their trust. But she really didnt, she wasnt dating Tom again. The only reason why she hung out with him was because she was helping him.

Tom was having a hard time At his house and he was also failing some classes where Chloe could help.

She didnt notice she got distant with Beca, she didnt noticed it until some asshole started spreading rumors. She didnt notice until it was too late.

Beca walked out of the school. Stacie was waiting for her by the entrance.

"How was it?" She asked.

"She can go to hell by the hand with fucking Tom." Beca said clearly angry.

Beca was basically jogging instaed of walking.

"Lets calm down and breathe." Stacie stood in front of Beca and stopped her. "What did she tell you?"

" 'why are you apologizing?' " Beca said imitating Chloe. "I DONT KNO, WOMAN."

"I dont understand then." Stacie said.

"Do you think i do? She isnt talking to me because i have no idea." Beca breathed out. "I gave up Stace."

Stace knew Beca meant it.

A/N somebody teach me how to gain imagination 😂