42. Screw it up

Thursday went by, Chloe haven't heard from Beca since she last saw her when she walked her home and she was starting to get worried.

"have you seen Beca?"

Stacie Conrad wasn't really keen on chemistry, she wasn't dumb or somebody who failed at most of her classes but chemistry wasn't her speciality.

The sudden approach of the red head took her by surprise leading her to drop the mercury she was measuring all over her desk.

"fuck." Stacie whined. "sorry, what?"

The tall brunette began cleaning the mess she did, not meeting the red head's eyes or showing any interest at all in having a dialogue.

"beca. She's missing school and-" Chloe didn't want Stacie to know how much she wanted to know where Beca was, she couldn't allow herself to let Beca's best friend believe she has a crush on Beca. "and... erh I need tutoring. She's supposed to tutor me."

Yesterday night Stacie received a call from an unknown number, it was her beloved best friend Beca calling her from Los Angeles.

Beca told her about the condo, about the plane she had to be for hours, about the weather, the food, the people, about everything you could imagine. It was like hearing a toddler telling you everything they want for Christmas.

Stacie couldn't be happier for her little friend even tho she knew when Beca left for real she'd be destroyed. "but you still can't say a word, okay?"

Stacie answered yes, she could hear a light noise in the background and then realized it was one of Beca's track.

Stacie shook her head. "sorry Chloe, no idea." She said carefully throwing away the tissues with mercury.

"if i knew i wou-" As Stacie was trying to reassure Chloe she didn't know where Beca was, Sam, who had been hearing the conversation, interrupted.

"Wasn't it this weekend where Beca and Ally were supposed to-" seeing the expression in the face of the women in front of them made them realize how badly they were screwing things up. "never mind."

Chloe looked at Stacie for an explanation.

"look, im not one to be giving you explanations." Stacie sighed. "beca is onto something, i won't deny it-"

Chloe raised her right eyebrow.

"-again, i wont deny it again, okay?" Stacie took out her science gloves and sat down. "she has to tell you herself and believe me, she's trying to."

The bell rang, meaning the class was over for Stacie's relief.

As Friday and Saturday went by, Beca and Ally found themselves eating yet another slice of pizza.

"i swear im about to explode." Ally said putting her cardboard "plate" down.

Beca snorted and grabbed her fifth slice. "speak for yourself."

They've been cleaning the place and buying what was really needed the past two days, you wouldn't know but what was included as "really needed" consisted in stuff like cereal, wine and paint for the walls.

"we really should have bought plates." Beca said looking at her square of cardboard that they cut from the pizza box.

"and glasses." Ally added as she looked at Beca drinking from a cereal bowl. "and spoons, and knives and you know, adult stuff."

Beca rolled her eyes. She stood up from the floor and took the now empty pizza box and napkins with her.

"Let me help." Then, Ally grabbed their bowls and the bottle of water they were drinking. "what time do you have to go to the airport tomorrow?"

"The plane leaves at seven, sorry, it's SUPPOSED to leave at seven." Beca continued to throw the trash away. "why do you ask?"

Ally simply shrugged. "hey have you thought about telling Chloe? you have less than two weeks left before you officialy move here."

Beca has tried to avoid thinking about going back home, the thought of having to face Chloe and tell her kind of scared her as much as leaving her mother's house and not knowing when she could visit her.

"honestly, i have no idea."

Beca's mood got low and Ally noticed how Beca would rather not talk about it.

Both ladies went outside to leave the trash outside because that's what responsible adults do, am i right?

"you know what is such a relief?" Ally said closing up the garbage bag.

Beca was doing the same, she hummed in response to Ally.

"i don't have to share bed with you anymore thank god." Ally joked

Beca scoffed. "yeah right, I'm the one who wont have to bare with you pushing me out of bed all night anymore."

"That's because unconscious me wants you far away from me."

The girls walked back into their place, "funny thing, that comes from the one who spoons me at 1 am." Beca said pushing Ally playfully.

"fuck you, Mitchell." Ally laughed closing the door.

"as in an insult or a to-do list."

Beca did not think it twice before saying that.

They were standing really close to each other, if one of them scooped their face closer they could kiss. Tension. No one moved closer, yet none of them backed away.

A/N I'm back hehe. Thoughts? questions? liked it?