40. getting ready

It took a life to convince her mother to let her go to LA for the weekend and a few days of the week, but she made it.

It was thursday morning, meaning Beca missed school.

Her mother entered her room, dropping the phone next to Beca.

"I already called the principal to let her know you are missing school until thursday?" Caren said sitting down next to her daughter on her bed.

"Thanks." Beca told her, her eyes not leaving her mac's screen. "I have to hand in a math's work sheet tomorrow, do you mind handing it in for me?"

Caren shook her head no.

Beca was off today, everyone could notice it. Caren frowned and closed the laptop. "What's the matter? Is it about the plane ticket? Because I told you I'll manage to afford it-"

"Its not that, the internship is paying for that." The short brunette ran her hands through her hair. "This is kind of a big thing, isnt it?"

Caren nodded.

"What if it doesnt work out and I end up living under a bridge or they dont take me seriously because im young and havent gone to college? Mom i can hardly deal with 3 different classes at high school." Beca started to ramble.

Caren offered her a pityfull smile. Embracing her daughter in a half hug she said: "Beca you always find a way to make things work, you fought a lot for this opportunity. I've heard you get frustrated at yourself tons of times at 4 am in your Room when you get stuck with a song."

Beca looked at her mother surprised, "you did?"

"Ugh, fuck your bass line you useless song." Caren said imitating her daughter, who got as red as a tomato.

Caren continued to caress her daughter's hair. "You deserve this, dont double think it. If it happens, its for a reason; let it happen."

"And if I screw everything up?" Beca asked, insecurity in her voice.

"That door." Her mother said pointing at the door. "Will always  be open for you."

Beca smiled and hugged her mom tightly.

"As long as you have keys, of course."

Beca laughed, "you cant not ruin a moment, cant you?"

"Now you know where you got it from." Caren shrugged. "Eat them alive, kid."

Beca took her mom's advise and texted Ally.

To: Alleeh
If I dont see you tomorrow at the airport, I swear i'll cut your hair.

It didnt take long till Ally saw the text and called Beca.

"you convinced her?" Ally asked as soon as Beca picked up.

"Good morning, Mrs. Hills. Im fine too." Beca said sarcastically while putting her clothes in a suitcase.

"Yeah yeah, me too but are you coming?" Ally paced back and forth at her balcony, enjoying the breeze of LA.

"Afirmative."

"Ugh I have to deal with you for 4 days?"

Beca rolled her eyes at Ally's comment. "Im afraid yes."

"Ewh." Ally laughed.

"Asshole, see you tomorrow." Beca told her before hanging up.

She was leaving tonight for 4 days, she figured she didnt need much. 

"Wanna go out to eat something?" She heard her mom scream from downstairs.

"Bless this woman" she said to herself. "Yes please." She replied.

She looked at the clock in her phone. Almost 1 pm, just then she noticed she had recieved a text.

Chlo: my favorite dork missed school today

Beca smiled at the screen, feeling an odd fuzzy feeling inside her.

Beca: arent you supposed to be paying attention? let me meet your favorite dork sometime :)

Chlo: whenever you want.

Beca thought for a moment, soon or late she had to tell her the truth.

Beca: okay then, what about today?

Chlo: meet me at the park

Beca locked her phone and made her way outside, where her mother waited for her.

After eating with her mother, Beca headed to school to wait for her red headed friend.

Classes finally ended.

Beca surprised Chloe by waiting for her after school.

"Someone got up in a good mood?" Chloe said as she pecked Beca's cheek.

"Or im just happy to see you." Beca said rolling her eyes.

Chloe laughed, "hmm are you?"

"No im not but I know how to act y'know."

The girls walked to the nearest park and sat down on the grass, right under the warm light of the afternoon.

Chloe was telling Beca about her day at school and how everything was going, Beca couldnt help but feel bad because she was paying no attention to her. Beca was focused on the ginger's body lenguage. Beca felt just happy she was there with her.

Beca was trying to build up courage to tell her what was going to happen in less than a month, but she found it so hard to do it.

Around 5pm, Beca recieved a text from her mom telling her she should head home so she could get ready.

"Red I should go, but I can walk you home if you want?" Beca asked scratching the back of her neck.

"I'd love to."