45. Here we go again

Have you ever felt like you could die in any minute, the feeling of having a knot in your throat that barely let's you breath or swallow. A state of mind where you feel so full of energy but yet you stay still because you can barely move even if your insides are dying.

This was it. She knew, she braced herself for this day. She still didn't feel ready.

His expression was hard to read, almost impossible to read it. His eyes were closed, making her even more nervous.

Finally, he hit it. Hearts stopped beating.

"It's good."

It took those few words to send Beca over the edge.

"I'm really looking forward to working with you."

Beca has been working non-stop on a new track after a music producer asked for her in the internship, the same man who saw Beca during her gig at a club a few months ago.

The man stood up. Shaking Beca's right hand he smiled widely at her.

She was still speechless.

Opening the door, she sat on the passenger's seat, still not believing it.

"so?" Ally asked clipping her seatbelt. "How did it go?"

As Ally drove away Beca was trying to find the words. She rolled down the window allowing the wind to run through her hair.

Ally took a look at Beca's face. "Shit. I'm sorry, B." The taller woman placed a reassuring hand over Beca's thigh. "They can go fuck themselves, that track was really fuckin-"

"He loved it." The other girl intercepted.

"Like really fucking gooWAIT they did?"

Beca nodded her head repeatedly with a huge ass smile painted on her face.

Ally gave a quick hug to the girl sitting next to her before putting her attention back on the street.

"Yes. He said, and I quote, that he is looking forward to working with me. Jesus you know what this means?" Beca had her hands tangled with her hair, she really couldn't believe it in case you hadn't realized it by now.

Ally laughed as she stopped at a red light. "Beca Mitchell you have a fucking job with a fucking music producer here in fucking L.A. god damn you nailed it."

Back in Georgia, the Bellas were anxiously waiting as they gathered around Stacie's laptop.

"When did she say she was meeting the man?" Jessica asked.

"9 PM." Chloe and Stacie answered in unison, they eyes not leaving Stacie's laptop screen.

"erh but 9 PM like her 9 PM or ours?" Amy asked for the fiftieth time.

Everyone groaned or rolled their eyes at Amy.

"Amy." Aubrey sat next to Amy on the bed and placed a hand on her friend's shoulder. "what time is it?"

The blonde looked at the little alarm clock Stacie had on her desk.

"Honestly, I never really understood how to read the clocks with those three things moving around." The aussie said picking the clock up.

CR took the clock from Amy's hand. "It's 23:58."

The girls looked at her confused.

"Military time." She shrugged. "It's almost midnight Amy." She said earning a few 'oh' from her friends.

Aubrey thanked CR and continued to look at Amy. "Don't you think that if her meeting is in out time zone she would have called by now?"

"Can we at least finish watching Grey's anatomy while we wait for her to call?" Emily asked.