Chapter Twenty Seven:

I woke in Damon's bed with no Damon beside me, he must be downstairs. I got up and headed downstairs and looked everywhere but there was no sign that anyone was home. It felt erie and cold, but I ignored it, as I went to walk back upstairs I heard someone or something laugh an evil laugh from behind me.

I thought that Damon was playing a trick on me and I yelled "Haha Damon! Very funny, now come out and knock it off!" but he never showed his face. I shook off and went upstairs and make my way back to Damon's room. As I passed by Stefan's room I saw something out of the corner of my eye, it was a figure of a woman, and I completely froze in fear from seeing her. Fiona.

I thought that this was over with. I thought that Bonnie closed the vail to the other side. So why is Fiona standing in Stefan's bedroom glaring in my direction? As I take a step back towards the staircase she starts laughing, and I feel like something bad is about to happen. "Aww poor Eliana. Nobody here to rescue you now."

"What do you want, Fiona?" I asked, still freaked out by the situation that I was in.

"You know what I want, Eliana!" she yelled and then took a step forward towards me. "I want you dead! And, I think I want it now!" after she said that she lunged at me but I hurried out of the way before she could grab a hold of me.

I ran for the steps but as I went to run up them, she grabbed me by the ankle and dragged back down them. As I desperately tried to grab onto the railing of the stairs, but she threw me on the floor below hard and I hit my head off of the floor. While I cringed in pain from the blow to my head, she grabbed a wooden stake and straddled me.

"I'm so going to enjoy this, but first, do you have anything that you want to say to Damon? I'll make sure that he gets the message when I see him." she said while her evil grin spread across her face.

"Anything that I have to say to him, I'm sure he already knows. So why don't you go to hell, you fucking bitch!" I said angrily and then I spat in her face.

"You first!" she screamed and then she plunged the stake into my heart before I had the chance to fight back.

I shot up out of bed screaming Damon's name. "Damon!" sweat was pouring down my face. I was out of breath and hyperventilating at the same time, if that was possible for a vampire to do. Damon burst through his bedroom door and ran to my side of his bed.

"Eliana, what's wrong?" he asked frantically, but of course I was too preoccupied trying to control myself and I didn't hear him. He desperately shook me and when I didn't budge he kissed me. "Eliana, what in the hell is wrong that has you so worked up?"

"I saw her." I said still in a little bit of shock from the hell-ish nightmare that I had just endured.

"You saw who, Elli?" he asked in worry and confusion.

"Fiona... I... I-I saw her... as plain as day... right here in this house." I took a deep breath and continued. "And I looked everywhere for you and even Stefan, but with no avail." I finally turned to look at him and paused for a brief second. I took his face in my hands and said "And the worst part was the thought of leaving everyone that I cared about behind when she plunged the stake through my heart. I can't loose you... or my family... but deep down I know that one day I will. I will loose you to someone else." I whispered as he tried to cut me off but I stopped him.

"Ssh. No, it's okay. When you do leave me for someone else, just know that I'll be okay. I mean, I'm a vampire so nothing can hurt me. Well, except for a wooden stake, but that's all. But you are all that I care about right here and right now, nothing else, just you and me in this very moment. I love you, Damon, and I always will. You were my first love but I know now that you won't be my last." I finished while crying, but as each teardrop fell from my eyes he wiped each one away.