Chapter Fourteen:

We were hiking up through the 'Smokey Mountains' looking for Ray's wolf pack before the moon came up. Stefan was carrying Ray while Klaus and I followed behind him.

"You ok? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked teasingly.

   "I'm fine." Stefan said.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some or a little sit-down..."

   "You know, I get that we're, uh--we're stuck together Klaus, but if we could just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

   "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a tired of hunting werewolves. I mean, we've  been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack." We came into a small clearing and found the pack. "There."

  "Klaus knock it off! You don't need to torment and make fun of Stefan, because Damon already does that. Just leave him be." I said as I smacked his arm.

"Darling if you want to keep your head, I'd advise not to smack me again." Klaus smiled and winked at me devilishly.

    We walked in and the pack stopped what they were doing and stared at us. Stefan walked up and dumped Ray's limp body to the ground with a thud. "Ray! Oh, my god." A woman ran up to Ray's body shocked and hysterical. "What's going on?" She asked. "Who are you?" She asked Stefan and I.

"The important question is who am I." Klaus said as he walked up beside us. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

The woman and the man, who ran up beside her, stood up as the woman said "You're the hybrid."

"You've heard of me. Fantastic." Klaus said proudly.

        "Yes we have all heard of the 'Big Bad Wolf'! Now can we please just get on with the show?" I asked exhausted from being near Klaus all summer long.

"Well somebody's in a bad mood today. What is it, luv hmm, not enough attention from me today. You know I can change that if you want?" Klaus asked annoying me further.

        "Not in your wildest dreams, Klaus." I said irritated.

The next thing I knew, I'm being pushed back into a tree by Klaus. As he looked me up and down and then in the eyes. He is at kissing distance and said "Luv, if only you could see my wildest dreams, and sometime I would love to show you them." He said still not moving.

        "Klaus, how many times do I have to tell you... I'm with Damon and stop calling me 'luv'!" I said trying not to yell at him, but of course I couldn't hold it back.

"Well then, I'll be here when Damon isn't any longer in your life, luv." He said with a sad look in his eyes. He slowly moved away from me.  I drew in a deep breathe before going and sitting next to Stefan on the tree trunk that had fallen over and Klaus sat down next to me.

"Its fascinating actually-- a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." We heard a gasp come from Ray. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me? Ray asked.

"Stefan." Klaus said.

   "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition into a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

"Doesn't take much. Just a sample. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend along for the ride?" Klaus explained to the pack. I got up and stood beside him. "You." He said to the man standing behind us watching Ray. The man gasped and in a flash Klaus was at him biting his arm. The man screamed in agony. Then Klaus threw him to Stefan. Stefan threw him to the ground for Ray.