Chapter Twenty One:

~ Eliana ~

        I woke up to a great start this morning. I actually woke up to get ready for school, believe it or not, and to see how Elena is doing with the whole Stefan ripper thing. I rolled out of Damon's bed to take a shower and get dressed to go, but I need one more thing. As I go to grab my leather jacket, Damon grabbed me from behind and started to kiss my neck.

        "Oh no you don't! I'm going to be late for school as it is, and you're not making it any easier for me to leave." I said while trying to get away from him.

"Then don't go and we can go back to bed." He tried his best to plead with me, so I'll stay. I have to say it was very tempting.

        "No, I have to go to school, because this is the first day of my last year, and I am not missing out on anything. I'll be home later, and then maybe we can go back to bed. Okay?"

"Fine. Have fun being little Miss Cheerleader Captain!" He said teasingly.

        "Yeah, well, have fun with your ripper brother!" I said laughing as I went downstairs, seeing two bodies laying at the bottom, and out the front door

~

        As I pulled up to the school I saw Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena standing outside of the school. I walked up and joined them.

"Here we are. Senior year."

"Anyone else think that it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked.

"Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it and we are moving on." She said as we began to walk toward the entrance of the school.

"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing his dead girlfriend hinder this experience?" Just the fact that my best friend called my brother her boyfriend, freaks me out a little, doesn't mean that I'm not happy for them, which I am happy for them.

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day." Care stated happily.

        "Totally! And why should I let the fact that Klaus is in love with me, and will always be somewhat apart of my life, ruin the beautiful relationship between Damon and I." I stated honestly. Hey they had to know because their my best friends.

"Seriously?" Bonnie asked and by the look on all of their faces that they were shocked and horrified.

         "Yes, Bon, seriously."

"How do you know that he's in love with you?" Care asked sincerely.

        "Well, there's the fact that when we were in the Smokey Mountains, he kissed me and it wasn't a friendly kiss, it was a full on make out session but it was short lived when Stefan ripped him off of me. And of course there were the 'sex vision' like dreams that he kept putting into my head while I slept. Of course, he said that it was only amusement only out of boredom." I'm still pissed off about those.

   But It was Elena who made us all stop in our tracks and look at her when she said "Today's out anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year." I could tell that she was upset about the whole Stefan thing.

"Yeah. You win." Care said.

        "Care?!" I sort of bitched at her for saying that little comment.

"What?" She asked obviously not knowing what I meant.

   "No it's okay Elli, she's right."

After about a minute when by Bon asked in all seriousness "Are you sure you want to be here?"