Chapter Twenty Two:

~ Eliana ~

        As I arrive back at the Boarding house I parked behind Damon's car, and as I walk through the door I go straight for the freezer in the basement to retrieve a blood bag, because I am dying of hunger. That's when I hear Elena and Damon talking about Stefan.

"What's your plan, oh Warrior Princess?" Damon asked Elena.

  "I wanna lock Stefan up, at least until this Mikael guy comes, kills Klaus, and the compulsion breaks."Elena admitted. No!

"Compulsion or not, Stefan's high on human blood. Ok? A lot of it."

  "You've gotten him off of it before."

"This is different. It's not a stint in rehab, Elena. His humanity's gone. Lights out. No one's home."

  "Then do it for me, Damon. Every single time I look at him, I feel like I'm gonna break. And I'm not going to give him that satisfaction." There was a pause and then I heard Elena say "What are you doing?"

"Feel that? That's a sternum. Solid plate of bone." I heard movement and Elena's heartbeat pace speed up, which meant Damon grabbed and pulled her close to him, while he continued. "Right here, just below the ribcage, next to the spine, that's your way to a vampires heart. I'll do whatever it is you need me to do, Elena. No one's gonna hurt you, especially not my brother."

        "Well, well." as I spoke, after entering the room without being noticed, they jumped at the sound of my voice.

  "Elli, I thought you were at cheerleading practice?"

        "Oh I was, but it was cut short after Rebekah showed up and started to threaten Caroline and then she showed off in front of Care and Ty. I came to check up on you after I heard what Stefan had called you. But I see that your planning on killing Klaus and cuddling up with MY BOYFRIEND!"

  "I can explain."

"No, Elena, we didn't-"

        "No, don't explain, Elena. And you." I said looking from Elena towards Damon as I continued "Don't try to cover up for her either. I should have seen this coming."

  "Seen 'what' coming, Elli?"

        "Don't play games, Elena. How long, since I've been gone, have the two of you been in love with each other, hmm?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Eliana."

         "Don't pretend, Damon. I want the truth and I want it now. I'll ask one more time. How long have you two been in love with each other?" They looked at each other and not one of them said a word. "Fine. You know what, you don't want to tell me the truth, that's fine. But I will not stay here, in this house another minute, with the two of you." In a flash I was upstairs and grabbed a bag, of course I wasn't worried about clothes where I was going, and went back to the basement to grab some blood bags.

"Where are you going, Eliana?" Damon asked.

        "That's for me to know and for you to NOT find out. So, let me know when you two want to tell me the truth, because until then, I don't want to see or speak to either one of you!" And then I left without saying goodbye.

~

~ Matt ~

As I place the photo, of Vicki and I, down in front of the candles. I grab my knife from my pants pocket and as I cut my hand Vicki says "Concentrate on me, Matty."

        As the blood trickles down onto the photo I say to Vicki "This is too weird."

"Just focus. This is a good thing. Now say you accept me."

        "I accept you." that's when things went freaky. There was a gust of wind and the candles flames grew higher. Then the blood on the photo started to sizzle and smoke. Then the candles went out and I stood up and backed away a little. Then the door slammed shut and I backed into Vicki.

"Did you just-"

        "I felt that." Vicki put her hands on both sides of my face "I felt that too."

"It worked. Oh! I'm here, Matty!"

~

"Ah, I can feel this." Vicki said as she waved her hand over the flame of the candles. "I can feel everything."

        "The Witch didn't mention this part?"

"Makes sense. Our deal was that she'd help me do what I need to do."

        "What are you talking about? What deal, Vic?"

"Well, if I want to stay here, I have to help her restore the balance." Vicki turned around and faced me with a wrench in her hand. "Klaus' hybrids can't be allowed to survive."

        "You can't kill Tyler, Vicki."

"Not Tyler, Matt. It's Elena who's the key to creating the hybrids." she said and started to leave.

        "What? Vicki, no!" As I grabbed her she turned around and hit me with the wrench and everything went black.

~

~ Eliana ~

        As I arrived at the bonfire event, I saw Elena having a starring contest with Stefan and Damon flirting with Rebekah. Either he's over me already or there's something up and I wasn't invited to the secret party. Of course, I didn't stay to long after Elena and Stefan left. As I came around the school I saw Ric helping Elena and Stefan out of Ric's car that was on fire. "Are you guys okay?"

  "We are now, thanks to Ric."

        "What the hell happened?"

"I don't know. One second it was ok, the next it was on fire like magic or something." Ric explained. Then my phone started ringing.

        "It's Bonnie." I let them know. "Hey Bonnie, what's up?"

"How's Elena? Is she okay?"

        "Yes, she's okay now."

"What happened?"

        "She was in Ric's car when it was set on fire. Ric said that it started on it's own, like magic."

"It wasn't magic. It was Vicki."

        "Vicki? But how, she's dead?"

"She had a witch on the other side help her and Matt did too. But you don't have to worry because I undid the spell. Listen I have to go. Jeremy is calling me. I'll call you later, okay?"

       "Okay, bye." and then she hung up. "Well I'm going home."

"I'll see you there." Stefan said.

        "Oh I'm not going to the Boarding house. I'm going to my house."

"Why?"

        "Damon and I had a falling out. So I will be staying at my house for awhile."

"What did you two love birds, fight about?"

        "Why don't you ask her." I said and pointed to Elena. Then I walked away towards home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you go. Chapter 22 is up and I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner but I have been sick for the past couple of days now. but I hope that you enjoy it nonetheless.