Chapter Sixteen:

"Well, I don't know about you two, but I'm going out for a bite." We have been waiting around for almost an hour, since Klaus pulled the dagger from Rebekah's chest. "Call me if and when she wakes up."

"Okay sweetheart. But don't go to far."

As I'm walking out of the warehouse I hear Stefan say "I do believe she was talking to me, Klaus." I couldn't help the laughter that escaped my lips.

As soon as I walked onto the sidewalk I felt the cool air hit my face. I turned and started to walk towards Gloria's bar. As I'm walking towards my destination, I notice that I'm being followed. So I take a turn into an alley and I notice that there's a fire escape so I jump up onto it. As I'm waiting, I see the person that was following me enter the alley. I jump down on top of them and they land on their back on the ground. As my fangs extend, I'm thinking that this guy will be my next meal, but as I slowly start to lower myself to sink my fangs into my victim, I see that it's none other than Damon Salvatore.

"Damon!" I hiss and slapped him across his arm.

"What? Did I scare you?" He asked with his glorious and sexy smirk.

"No. It's just, well, I thought that you were my next meal. Then again, you do look good enough to eat." I tease him and smirk back.

"When you talk like that it turns me on, and if we weren't on the street right now I'd probably be ripping your clothes off." He said as he wiggled his eyebrows and smirked wickedly at me.

I stand and help him up as I say "What are you a mind reader now , because that's exactly what I was thinking about doing to you?"

"Hey, what can I say, except, great minds do think alike." As soon as he said that he crashed his lips onto mine. As we start to deepen the kiss my phone vibrated through my back pocket. Shit that must be Klaus. I pull my phone out of my back pocket and look at the caller I.D. and, yep, it's Klaus.

I pull away from Damon's lips and say to him "I have to take this, so give me one minute. Okay." He nods and I answer the phone. "Yes Klaus?" I ask bitterly to him because of the moment Damon and I were sharing before he rudely interrupted.

"Why so bitter, luv?" He asks.

"Why?! Because I was in the middle of catching my prey and you let him get away by interrupting me with a phone call, that probably could've waited. That's why I'm bitter, Klaus." I kinda told a little white lie to him. Uh, who cares, I mean it is Klaus.

"I'm sorry, luv, but it couldn't have waited, because you need to get back to the warehouse, now. Rebekah is awake and is in dire need to go shopping. So get back here as fast as you can, luv." And then he hung up.

"Who's Rebekah?" Damon asked as he wrapped his arms around me.

I turned around in his arms to face him as I say "Rebekah is Klaus' sister. Who has just recently awoken from a deep slumber." I kissed him on the lips and continued. "I have to go Klaus needs me, but hopefully soon you and I can have some alone time to ourselves." I kiss him again and pull away from him, and start to head back to the warehouse.

But before I do Damon grabs my arm and says "I would love that and please be safe." He kisses me and then says "I love you."

"I love you too, Damon."

"Call me when you get a chance. Okay?"

"Okay."

-

"Ah, here she is. I was getting worried that you weren't going to show up, luv."

"And what, let you compel Stefan to do your dirty work, hmm? I don't think so."