The Tale Of Jaune Arc, Trash Of Beacon

-Note- This story will attempt to break the fourth wall.

Because Deadpool.

That is all.

Good luck surviving my terrible writing.

Seriously.

Good luck.

----

Jaune Arc walked into the auditorium, his nervous eyes glancing everywhere. How long was it until someone noticed him and decided his face needed an improvement? How long would their torture last?

How long did he have before everyone found out he was a fraud?

"Hey look! It's Johnny boy!" Cardin mocked as he jumped from the bleachers.

"I already told you Cardin, my name's Jaune, not John with an H." Jaune said quietly.

"I don't have time for your excuses, Johnny boy. Did you do my homework like I," Cardin paused briefly, cracking his knuckles in an intimidating fashion.

"Politely asked?" Jaune gulped. Yes, he had done it. Not out of fear, just longing. What did he long for? For his torture to be over, for even his life to be over. Jaune reached into his bag and pulled out the assignment, double-checking to make sure he'd done everything correctly.

"Good. Looks like you lucked out this time, Johnny boy. I'm in a nice mood today, so I'll let you off. Go and hang out with your friends." Cardin said, taking the homework and pointing to the trash as he talked. Cardin's posse, Sky, Russel, and Dove, laughed along with his joke.

"God, I hate you." Jaune said under his breath. Cardin's ears perked up.

"What was that, Johnny boy? Do you want to say something?" Cardin asked threateningly.

"Nothing, Sir Cardin." Jaune replied, using the nickname Cardin forced him to use. Cardin smiled, noticing his submission.

"Good." Cardin nodded his head before walking off.

"Jaune? Jaune Arc? Is it really you?" Asked a male voice behind Jaune. Jaune quickly turned around, nearly breaking his own neck in the process.

"Lie!?" Jaune shouted, almost with excitement.

"The one and only." Lie Ren replied, crossing his arms and smiling.

"It's good to see you." Jaune said, offering his hand. Ren gladly took the gesture.

"It's nice to see you as well. Still having problems with Cardin?"

"Yeah..."

"Still at rank 24?"

"Yeah...."

---
Please allow the narrator to explain as we take a brief pause from the story.

Hunter ranks are merely a way of measuring a hunter's strength, to a degree. There are also titles that correspond to a set of ranks, as listed below.

Rank 1-25 : Huntsman/Huntress In Training. (Ex. Jaune)
Rank 26-50 : Junior Huntsman/Huntress
(Ex: Pyrrha, Cardin, Yang)
Rank 51-60 : Huntsman/Huntress
(Ex: Oobleck, Goodwitch)
Rank 61-80 : Senior Huntsman/Huntress
(Ex. Tai Yang Xiao Long, Winter Schnee)
Rank 80-100 : Master Huntress/Huntsman
(Ex. Qrow, Summer Rose, Raven Branwen, Ozpin)

At Beacon Academy, the average rank is 34. This is in part a reason as to why Jaune is bullied, as his mere rank of 24 is pitiful.

---

"Where's Nora? I thought she'd be with you?" Jaune asked, trying not to change the topic. Ren stared at him for a brief second, as if knowing that he wanted to change subjects.

"She's with Pyrrha right now. They're decorating our new dorm right now." Ren smiled, as if hiding something. Jaune however, missed this type of thing as he was still sulking about his lack of improvement.

"Wait, who's the fourth member of your team? I thought team dorms were only given to teams of 4 who have proven exceptional?" Jaune asked again.

"I'm looking at him."

---

Again, a brief pause. Beacon allows it's students to lice off campus for the first year. During the first year, if the student does not create a team of four with other members, that student will be expelled. Students are allowed to live and operate solo only if given permission by Ozpin and only during the first year.

---

"You're kidding, right?" Jaune asked, dumbfounded.

"Why would I joke about something so serious?" Ren asked, using a matter-o-factly tone.

"Dude! That's awesome!" Jaune exclaimed. His energy died quickly as another thought came to his mind.

"Wait, let me guess. I was the last candidate, huh? All the other good students were taken, weren't they?"

"Actually, you were our first draft." Ren commented, instantly cheering Jaune up.

"Really?"

"Jaune, I don't lie to good people. How many times do I have to tell you?"

----