The Tale Of Jaune Vs Cardin (Pt1)

Two weeks had passed by, and in those two weeks Pyrrha had somehow used her womanly charms to force Jaune into training with her. The training she put him through was horrible, as Jaune nearly died about 60 times.

-N-

For those of you whom are confused.

A month has on average 30 days. If two months passed, then 60 days have passed.

Jaune almost died 60 times.

Get it?

No?

DEADPOOL! GET THIS IDIOT READER

-N-

Now, however, Ozpin's tournament was about to begin.

And the first round was Jaune Vs Cardin. Their fight would be the second fight of the day, right after Nora and Ren fought.

"Ohhh no. I'm gonna die." Jaune groaned as he looked at the tournament brackets.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll do fine, Jaune. After all, your improvement has been.. Surprising to say the least." Pyrrha stated, trying to lift his spirits.

Ozpin's voice rang in her head, suddenly striking deep at a place in her heart she never knew existed.

"If Jaune does not surpass the rank of 30, then I will be forced to expel him."

"After all, Jaune. It's not easy surpassing 5 ranks in two months. I could never have done that." Despite Jaune's upset exterior, he was happy inside.

"Pyrrha really thinks I'm that great?"

---

"The first of today's Preparation Tournament will now begin. Lie Ren, Nora Valkyrie. Please step up to the arena and face each other." Ozpin announced.

---

"Ren vs Nora? This should be very interesting." A female says, shrouded in darkness and sitting very comfortably in her purple chair.

"Interested, ma'am?" A butler says, placing a tray down on the table behind her.

"Very. In fact, this should affect whether or not Jaune performs well in the next match."

"Ho? Does this mean that you'l-"

"No Hobbs. I won't see him. It's not yet time to."

"My dear, if I do, with all apologies and due respect, dear say that if your sister Jaine was still alive-" the butler was interrupted by the woman from before slamming her palm down on table behind her, angrily.

"But she isn't!" The female shouted. The butler backed down, placing his hand over his lower ribcage and bowing his head.

"Forgive me, Mistress Arc. I am sorry. This butler has spoken out of turn. I ask only for your forgiveness."

"Leave, Hobbs."

"As you wish, Mistress."

---

"Remember our bet, Nora." Ren chimed as he returned his weapons to their holsters.

"Aw man! I hate you, Ren!" Nora shouted before breaking out laughing. She was lying down on the ground next to the lifted arena, having been tricked by Ren and therefore falling out of the arena and losing by default.

"She seems surprisingly happy at her loss." Pyrrha commented, walking slowly towards the unstable ginger.

"Ren?" Jaune asked his old friend, implying about what Pyrrha said.

"We made another bet. Whichever of us lost has to cook for the other for a month."

"Jaune Arc, Cardin Winchester. Please take the stage and prepare for the upcoming bout." Ozpin announced. Jaune and Cardin did as they were instructed, standing on opposite sides of the
white-tiled arena. Cardin had a mischievous smirk on his face, a sign that he'd enjoy beating up Jaune. Jaune glanced slightly towards Pyrrha, a defeated look already spreading across his face. Pyrrha gave him a reassuring smile followed by two thumbs pointing upwards.

Jaune took a deep breath, sterling himself.

He was ready. So ready in fact, that when the bell rang signaling the start of the match, Jaune shot forward quickly and used his sword to knock Cardin's mace out of his hands.

"What!?" The crowd exclaimed.

Jaune quickly dashed forward again, slashing three times precisely and managing to knock Cardin down on the ground.

---

The female covered in shadows stood up from her place on the chair.

"This... This can't be Jaune." The female smiled, feeling excited. This was the first time she'd been excitedly years, and she wanted to make this last. She slowly exited the room, making her way to the battle.

"Jaine, your son is ready." He female thought to herself.