Tale Of Death (Part 2)

Hewy guys! It's been a month since my last update. Sorry! I'm still thinking of new stories to write and new ideas to implement to my other stories! Bear with me! 

---

Jaune was down on one knee, breathing heavily. The acid spray was about to hit him, about to end his life, when Pyrrha suddenly jumped in the way. She held her shield in position to block the blast, although the purpose of the acid spray wasn't to land. It was to spread behind its target. Pyrrha of course didn't know this. Jaune did.

Pyrrha suddenly swung her shield, to her right, quickly. She then swung it to her left, knocking the acid spray away from her and Jaune. Her shield was untouched, flawless.

"Are you alright, Jaune?" Pyrrha asked, turning her back towards the Hydra. The Hydra suddenly lurched forward in mid air, practically falling from the skies. Jaune saw this and before Pyrrha could move he quickly shoved her away.

"Sentinel Aura : Sentinel mode!" Jaune shouted, activating a form of his semblance. A bright white light suddenly emitted from Jaune, creating a barrier in front of him that the Hydra crashed into. Jaune's barrier stood it's ground, keeping still and making sure Jaune and Pyrrha were safe. Jaune then fell forward, collapsing due to his wounds and loss of aura.

"Jaune!" Pyrrha lurched for him, forgetting that the Hydra was stunned for only a second. The blonde was unconscious, lying face-down in the dirt. The Hydra suddenly roared behind Pyrrha, firing two blasts of acid.

"Jaune!" Pyrrha shouted again, small tears forming at the corner of her eyes. Flames suddenly appeared around her, not burning anything but still appearing. The acid blasts hit Pyrrha, but the effect wasn't what the Hydra wanted. Pyrrha slowly turned around, unharmed as the acid had been negated by her fiery aura.

"Second Semblance..... Flaming Rage." Pyrrha suddenly disappeared before reappearing behind the Hydra. Her sword was in her hand, the shield being left behind. She quickly slashed downwards, the flames following the movement of her sword and creating a wave of flames. The flames cut open and burned a large wound on the Hydra's back before Pyrrha repeated her moves. This created an "X" shape on the Hydra's back, allowing Pyrrha to return to Jaune's unconscious body and quickly escape.

"Jaune, please tell me you're alive." Pyrrha said, Jaune's arm slung around her shoulder as she ran as quickly as she could. She found the cave that she'd left Ren and Nora in earlier, spotting the injured ginger laying down. Ren was sitting next to her, making sure she would wake up. He turned around as Pyrrha entered, instantly spotting the injured blonde.

"Jaune?" Ren said, quickly getting to his feet and helping Pyrrha gently place him on the ground. Pyrrha started bawling almost instantly, the tears falling uncontrollably. Ren placed a hand on Pyrrha's shoulder, attempting to comfort her.

"He's alive. He'll be fine. Did you kill it?" Ren asked. Pyrrha shook her head.

"It's injured."

---

Pyrrha watched as Jaune slept peacefully, his chest falling and rising. She suddenly remembered when she first met him.

He was so goofy, so awkward. He was obviously uncomfortable, but everyone always was whenever they first met her.

She felt her strength suddenly return, her aura becoming fully charged. Ren and Nora were still sleeping so they didn't notice when Pyrrha grabbed her weapons and quickly left the cave to kill the Hydra on her own.

--

"Mom?" Jaune asked himself, surprised. His mother, the beautiful blonde haired brown eyed female standing in front of him, suddenly grabbed him and pulled him into an embrace. She stood slightly shorter than Jaune himself, but Jaune got his height from his father anyway.

"Jaune. It won't be long now. You've done it." His mother said, surprising him.

"Done what? I haven't done anything yet."

"You've killed the Hydra." His mother said, pulling away from him. Jaune he shook his head.

"No, I haven't. I mean, I almost did. I would have died if Pyrrha didn't save me."

---

"Pyrrha." Jaune said, his eyes slowly opening. The cave ceiling above him confused him, but he figured that his friends had brought him there. He quickly sat up, his body aching in several places but no blood ease leaking.

"Pyrrha!?" Jaune said, suddenly noticing her lost presence. Nora and Ren were still sleeping soundly in their own sleeping bags, but Pyrrha was missing. From the clothing he felt, someone had wrapped his chest in bandages and switched his pants to his comfy pajamas.

"Pyrrha!" Jaune shouted again, quickly running to his feet and rushing to the cave's opening.

She wasn't there.