The Arc Of Jaune Arc (Part 3)

Jaune coughed as he felt the bullhead shake underneath him. He, Ren, and Nora were on their way to the Ares Mountains in the hopes of confronting Nora's grandmother about reviving Pyrrha. 

Honestly, Jaune wasn't sure about this. He was very skeptical about obtaining the witch's help but he didn't see another way they could potentially revive Pyrrha. 

And Nora was sure she could convince her grandmother. 

---

Laura suddenly awoke, startled by the dream. She sighed as she registered her sleeping children next to her. Thankfully, they had not awoken with her. She'd have to calm them as well as herself. 

"I was getting tired of waiting." A distorted voice called from her left. Her body instantly turned to face the intruder, a look of shock and fear crossing her face. 

"Who are you?" Laura demanded in a quiet tone. 

"Who do you think I am?" The distorted person replied. It's entire body looked as if a black fire was leaking off of it, it's eyes glowing red. Laura gulped. 

"The person who murdered my husband." Laura choked out the reply. The shadow narrowed its eyes at her before suddenly appearing directly in front of her. 

"Your husband was playing with powers beyond his control." The shadow said as it placed its right hand around her neck, lifting her up and choking her in the air. 

"Mommy?" Mira, her oldest child, asked as she stared at the sight, fear taking control of her. Laura wanted to break free, to reach her child and get her to safety. Though she doubted she could, almost nothing would stop her. 

Nothing except a hand choking her to death. 

The shadow then let go of her, Laura falling down to the ground and coughing violently. She reached out for Mira and held her in a protective form, slowly backing away from the shadow. 

"What do you want?" Laura asked. 

"Your husband had everything. I lost everything. You have two choices: leave your children and come with me or I kill your children and take you with me." The shadow declared. 

"No. I won't come with you."  Laura replied. It was then that the shadow around the figure dispersed, revealing a woman with white skin, red and black eyes, and a complex black dress. 

"You do not have a choice, Laura Valkyrie." Salem, the queen of the Grimm, declared. 

---

Jaune awoke once more, his eyes rapidly dashing around his surrounding area. He was still on the bullhead, with Ren and Nora sitting across from him. Nora's head leaned gently against Ren's shoulder, snoring quite loudly. Ren, inversely, sat with his back entirely straight against the bullhead. He held his chin high, something that told Jaune he was still awake. 

Jaune sighed to himself. He'd been having those dreams ever since Ren had come to see him earlier and it was quite puzzling. The dreams themselves were very vivid, as if...

And then it dawned on him. 

Like the dreams were memories. It had to connect. Something, or rather someone, was attempting to warn Jaune of something. 

But but was the warning about? 

"Jaune." Ren quietly called out. Jaune then locked eyes with Ren, giving a puzzled look. 

"We're almost there." 

---

Several hours later, Ren lead the way up the mountain. Nora glanced around her, as if taking in the surrounding forests. Jaune was in the very back of the two, glancing towards the sky. 

Something felt wrong to him. Something about the sky...

Ren suddenly stopped in his tracks, Nora bumping in to him. 

"Ren?" Nora asked as she peaked around him, hoping to see what made him stop. 

Ren froze. His eyes narrowed, his muscles tightening. In front of him stood a figure bathed in black flames that softly floated off the creature's body and disappeared. The figure was sending danger signals, Ren's instincts screaming at him. 

"What have you come here for...?" The figure asked. Ren was going to dash forward, to strike the figure in the hopes of finding out who the figure was when Nora stepped in front of him. 

"Hey Grandma." Nora said as she slammed her hammer into the ground next to her with her right hand. The figure then walked forward, the black flames staying behind as if something was holding it back. Ren was expecting an old woman with, dare the author say, wrinkly skin and yet a beautiful black-haired woman with Nora's green eyes suddenly appeared. Thankfully, she wore a long black dress. 

"Nora?" The woman breathed. Nora nodded her head in response. 

"Hi Gran Gran." Nora replied. Then, with a wave of her hand, a black cloud of smoke suddenly engulfed Ren and Jaune, knocking the two unconscious.

---

Laura Valkyrie appeared in front of her children, a black haze of smoke disappearing from around her as she did so. 

Mira Valkyrie, a pink-haired 4 year old and Odin Valkyrie, a brown-haired 2 year old ran towards her as she held her hands out. She had been missing for weeks prior to this. 

She was with Salem, unbeknownst to the police force and her family. Salem's ultimatum forced her to leave her children behind, however Salem had changed her. 

Several police officers stood around them, smiling at the scene. They had not seen the black smoke disappear from around her. If they had, they would be questioning her disappearance even more. To the outside perspective, it was just a mother reuniting with her children after weeks of separation. 

And yet she wasn't there to reunite with her children. 

A haze of black smoke suddenly appeared, covering not only Laura but her two children. The police officers that were around them drew their pistols and walked through the black smoke looking for them. 

And yet no one was there. 

The children were never seen or heard from again.