The Tale Of Jaune Vs Cardin (Pt.2)

Pyrrha gasped. She knew he'd improved greatly, however she never knew he'd improved this much. She'd watched him increase his skills right in front of her, and yet he surpassed even her expectations.

She smiled, seeing the fruits of his training beginning to sprout.

---

"Did I not tell you, Glynda?" Ozpin mocked his female professor. Glynda rolled her eyes.

"He still has far to go." She responded.

"But his growth rate is even higher than that of his mother's." Ozpin commented.

"That does not mean anything. Trash will still be trash." Ozpin stated at her for a second. His eyes held pity for her, given that he knew well about her past.

"He reminds you of Hawkins, doesn't he?" Glynda was silent at the mention of his name. Ozpin sighed, noting her silence.

"You know, everyone talks of Jaune's father and grandfather who have no doubt conquered great hieght son the world of Huntsman and Huntresses, but no one ever talks about his mother. Jaine Arc, the first ever female to surpass the rank of 100 and become an even higher titled Huntress."

---

Cardin quickly recovered from Jaune's sudden attack and charged forward. He grabbed his mace and rose the large object, preparing a heavy slam attack. Jaune raised his shield in response, attempting to block the strike.

"Sigh... Even with all of that training we did..." Pyrrha thought to herself as Cardin slammed the mace down onto Jaune's shield, launching the blonde male far away from him.

"You still are just a beginner Jaune."

Jaune slowly got back to his feet, complaining about his left arm which held the shield.

"Ow! God, I did not think that'd hurt that much! Geez! Cardin, couldn't you hold back!?" Jaune accused.

"We're in a tournament, trash. Stop complaining." Cardin replied, charging again. This time, his mace was out to his right following the movements of his body. Jaune suddenly noticed that he was on the edge of the arena, with someone who had the intelligence of a bull charging at him. Jaune smirked, an idea forming in his head. He waited one more second, dropping his arms to his sides.

"Giving up already, Johnny boy? See, this is why everyone calls you trash! You can't do anything right!" Cardin shouted, swinging his mace. Jaune suddenly dashed underneath the mace, coming up behind Cardin. His original plan was to shove Cardin off the arena and win that way but he didn't expect Cardin to fall off on his own.

"Time for some sweet revenge."

"Didn't you just call me trash? Even if I'm trash, what do you call someone who loses to trash?" Jaune taunted.

-N-

So, what Jaune doesn't realize is that he had just reached the rank of 29.

Cardin in this story is a rank 34.

He just beat a huntsman who is 5 ranks above him.

Good job Jaune. Keep using those steroids I gave you.

Wait.

What.

-N-

Jaune walked off the stage, looking for Pyrrha. He was hoping to celebrate his victory with her as their other two teammates had gone to make pancakes again.

He never expected to find Pyrrha talking to someone he hadn't seen in years.

"Aunt Jude!?" Jaune exclaimed as he almost wet himself from excitement.

-N-

Omg. I'm literally dying of laughter at writing that.

It's all because of the steroids.

Don't do steroids kiddos.

(Jaune doesn't use steroids. I was just kidding about that)

-N-

"Jaune! It's been quite a long time, hasn't it?" Jude exclaimed as she pulled Jaune into an embrace.

"What are you doing here? I thought you moved to Vacuo when my mom died?" Jaune asked.

"Well, Jaune. Although your mother's death greatly affected me, I thought I might as well check on you for your mother's sake." Her eyes shifted towards Pyrrha for a slight moment, then she smiled.

"It seems you've done well so far." She joked.

---

Jude Arc, older sister of Jaine Arc and aunt to Jaune Arc sat in front of Ozpin. They were in his private office atop the clock tower.

"So, Jude. Why have you come here?" Ozpin questioned.

"Aw, Ozpin. Can I not come to see my previous spouse and nephew?" Jude joked. Ozpin was having none of it.

"I'm not in the mood for your games, Jude." Jude pouted after hearing this.

"You're still no fun." Jude sighed tiredly. "I made my sister a promise before she died of her sickness. That once Jaune reached the rank of 30 I would take him to the Forest of ForeverFall."

"ForeverFall? Are you going to have him attempt Spirit Assimilation?"

-N-

Spirit Assimilation is an ancient technique that fuses a beast spirit and a human's spirit. It is a dangerous technique, as in if the human's soul does not stand up to the pressure of fusing with the Beast then the beast will take control of the human's body, therefore killing the human and controlling their body. This is why Spirit Assimilation, in the world of Spirit Remnant, has been made illegal.

It's also how the Faunus were created. When the Faunus were but human babies, their parents fused their souls with the babies of the beasts. Most believe that the when this happened, the beast spirit won and the human is now being controlled by the beast.

-N-

"I am." Jude replied simply.

"I see. If he manages to absorb the beast spirit of his choosing, then his rank will increase by a minimum of 10 depending on the beast he chooses." Ozpin commented. He looked down at his desk, weighing the possibilities. This was why he was the headmaster of Beacon. He was able to quickly determine the best corse of action within a very minimal amount of time.

"However, are you sure you want to continue with this? If I am correct, is this not how Jaine Arc met her end? Attempting to absorb two beast spirits?" Ozpin saw the saddened yet angered look on her face, and he slowly put the pieces together.

"You watched Jaine Arc, mother of Jaune Arc, die didn't you? You were there when your sister met her end."